Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
03 Deville,07 STS-V black on black
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the sts forum about nav disks I found www.gmnavdisk.com I called them up to inquire about nav update,they said only for original owner but she would look up my car,told her I bought from used car dealer,she put me on hold then came back and said they would send me 09 disk for free! Give them a call,what do you have to lose, have your vin # handy.

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
It's not true that they only do this for the original owner. The disk goes with the car regardless of how many owners. The car gets a free disk update for the first two years. Since your's is an '07, you are entitled to the '09 disk as the owner of the car.

We bought both our '06 STS-V and '06 STS4 used, and we got two update disks for each car in '07 and '08 (which ended up being the '09 disk due to delays :cool2: )

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Looking at the sts forum about nav disks I found www.gmnavdisk.com I called them up to inquire about nav update,they said only for original owner but she would look up my car,told her I bought from used car dealer,she put me on hold then came back and said they would send me 09 disk for free! Give them a call,what do you have to lose, have your vin # handy.
when i click this link it takes me to a site with a bunch of other links... Any ideas?

·
Registered
2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango) *SOLD*
140 Posts
Did you guys search part #25976806 on eBay? I saw one auction listed, but it had 2 discs. One for East and one for West. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
2006 STS
1 Posts
Just got my 2006 STS4 with Nav but no disk... Anyone with an older version Nav disk for a 2006 STS they are willing to spare? Thanks.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
My free one is on the way... Make sure you give them the VIN first. First they said I wasn't eligable. But when I questioned a 2006 Cadillac they asked for the vin and to their suprise, I was eligable. ALL 2006-7 CAddy's are

·
Registered
Cadillac
91 Posts
Wow Dan. When I called a month ago for my 2006, they told me I would need to spend $199. I gave them my VIN, and they said that I would need a 2007+ to get a free update disk.'
I wonder if they go by build date, versus production year.
Just called again, and they neg'd me.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Wow Dan. When I called a month ago for my 2006, they told me I would need to spend $199. I gave them my VIN, and they said that I would need a 2007+ to get a free update disk.'
I wonder if they go by build date, versus production year.
Just called again, and they neg'd me.

I was told the offer expired in 2008 :( guess its who you speak to?

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V
317 Posts
I just called today 6/25/09 spoke with a very nice service representative. She did inform me that my disc upgrade option for a 2006 had expired, but did look up my info and as a courtesy said they would send me an updated disc set. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
I just called today 6/25/09 spoke with a very nice service representative. She did inform me that my disc upgrade option for a 2006 had expired, but did look up my info and as a courtesy said they would send me an updated disc set. :)

Lucky you...all I get is go pound sand :( needless to say this is my LAST GM so meh...

·
Registered
STS-V
79 Posts
On the day that I ordered my upgrade, I found the ISO and was curious enough to try it out on a DVD+R DL. After a 40 min burning process (7.8GB @ 2.4X; 3.3MB/Sec).. I had myself a bona fide 25976806U East disc. I also have the West ISO but did not burn it. Its strange that the original disc had all the states on one dual layer disc.. yet just the east coast on the new disc set managed to take the same amount of space.

Sorry to burst anyone's sale bubble. And no, I'm no advocating piracy so don't even think about scolding me.. Its nice to know that you could make a backup disc and store the original somewhere safe.. or vice versa. I don't know how one could ever break theirs.. as I don't forsee people ejecting their disc and playing frisbee or whatever.. but things do happen.

One thing I was disappointed about was that the new disc did not include any firmware updates like my updated Trailblazer disc did. Not really a bad thing, as a failed firmware update could toast your nav unit. It just means that the new nav disc has updated map data and not updated nav functionality/ui enhancements. I would love if GM sold an option to upgrade to a HDD unit.. even it was the same hardware and interface with a HDD image of the DVD. I think load times are a little faster on the new disc.. probably due to the fact that it has less area to search on the entire disc. On the other hand, 8 gigs for half the states would read slower than 8 gigs all the states.. or rather 4 gigs for the same amount of states. Eh, you be the judge. :)

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I burn a copy of the original onto a DVD-R DL and keep the originals in the case stored away. That way I'm not really worried about the copy getting worn out or taken.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts