Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Catera
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Frank, I don't know if you will see this or not but I couldn't reply to your private message.. They say I can't reply to private messages because I haven't made atleast 20 post yet!!! GO FIGURE THAT!!!

Anyhow in respone to your message.. So far I am just collecting parts right now.. New CPS and PLUG WIRES.. Will also be changing the PLUGS too... I had the computer scanned for codes at Autozone.. The first time it had codes 302 (#2 cylinder miss fire) and 336 ( crankshaft postion sensor ), I had those codes cleared and I went back 2 days later and had them check the codes again, this time it only had code 302, no code 336.. I figure that if it set that 336 code once it might mean that it is going bad, so when I replace the plug wires I will also change the CPS too.. I don't want to have fight with again later... I am thinking that I might change the fuel filter too...

I just bought the car 5/18/07, it has 93,187mi and I only paid $2500 for it because of the miss... Former owner already replace - battery, alternater, coil pack but it still missed and they didn't want to put anymore money into it..

If you have any other ideas fill free to tell me....

David

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
Hi Frank, I don't know if you will see this or not but I couldn't reply to your private message.. They say I can't reply to private messages because I haven't made atleast 20 post yet!!! GO FIGURE THAT!!!
sorry you dislike our forum rules. PMs are a privilege, not a right. They may be enabled after a certain # of quality posts, or may not. Supporting Members have them enabled automatically.
Information that may benefit the community as a whole should never be kept private.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts