Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
*RIP* 2013 Cadillac XTS4 Platinum - Black Diamond TriCoat
46 Posts
I actually ordered the frameless and am waiting for it to arrive... We will try the install and update if it works... Otherwise will just resell it!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which model number did you get?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just received it today and it was an easy install! The model on the mirror is A048070 on the back of the mirror. The donor car was a 2014 CTS... My guess is that the ATS, CTS, and XTS all use the same frameless mirror :) get the cheaper donor ATS/CTS mirror on eBay, the ones listed as from an XTS are more expensive but are the same ones!!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much, I'll start my FleaBay search now;) The new mirror looks amazing and adds class!

Lol, aaand five minutes later, I'm the high bidder on one:D (It's at $70 so far)

·
Registered
46 Posts
NP ! Good luck with the bid... That's always the hardest part. I was surprised it fit perfectly...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again....BTW, am I going to need a Torx screwdriver for the swap?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You should just need Allen key / hex key whatever you happen to call it, for the screw.

----------

Just make sure you are bidding on one that dims and has the auto dim... I was just messing around on eBay and apparently there are non dimming frameless ( who would buy a Cadillac without dimming!)

----------

My next project is to upgrade the HMI box to 2.0 to get more features since apparently Cadillac is dropping the ball on current CUE owners :(

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the tips...much appreciated!

About that HMI...I've been looking for one too:) Its either that or the unlock kit online.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I WON the auto-dim 2015 CTS rearview mirror for $70! (lol, it's truly exciting being a cheapskate sometimes) Can't wait to install it:D

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm surprised there was no interest in this...to each his own I guess. Just installed the new mirror and it looks awesome:D Love that frameless design...70 bucks WELL spent!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey man congrats. It does change the look and it's an easy mod! Now I just need to find time to mess around with the HMI... Work is sucking the life out of me st the moment...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey man congrats. It does change the look and it's an easy mod! Now I just need to find time to mess around with the HMI... Work is sucking the life out of me st the moment...
Thanks man, it looks great too! (thanks for the CTS/Ebay recommendation, worked out great) I'd say it would be better if we both did the HMI swap at once since two minds are better than one plus I tend to break/snap trim pieces a lot when doing this stuff, lol. (we are also close to each other and I wouldn't mind taking a drive up to the Easton area, it's not that far...is that where you're at, I may have forgotten) The ONE piece of wood trim that I snapped off in my CTS cost me just under 100 and that was for a used wood trim piece on Ebay. Regarding work, yes, work takes over my life too since I work in I.T. (Windows 10 is cool though, much better than 8.1) I want to do this swap soon too but I didn't even buy the kit or newer 2.0 unit yet. (not sure which one I'm going with yet)

·
Registered
46 Posts
You crack me up ... I messed my one piece of wood trim up when removing it (gouged it) on the CTS... I did buy a used HMI 2.0 but just never got around to installing it... If I can get it working, more than happy to invite you to the Easton are and do an install for you!
I'm in Healthcare IT myself... Former ER nurse who moved...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You ARE my twin brother, LOL. Well, I work in I.T. but also do support/in-service appointments for our hospital pharmacy software;) BTW, since your in the "Easton" area, who's better: Toby's or Jimmy's? You HAD to have been to one or both, lol. (I'm Toby's all the way, usually get 8 with everything and a thick black and white, lol)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts