Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Cadillac Deville convertible
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the owner of a 1969 Cadillac coupe deville convertible. And I need a frame and was wondering would a 1968 frame work. And if so how would I know I was told that the frames are interchangeable but don’t know where to start any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,380 Posts
Welcome to CF !!!

We'll move this frame question from the Engines forum up to the correct vehicle forum. I'll leave a 2 week redirect here.

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
1,074 Posts
If I was a betting man it would be a tough call. You would think they would be very close. I seem to recall the 69 rear end was mounted higher in the frame to get the car lower. I would do a lot of measuring to see how feasible it is. If the body mounts are even a couple inches difference that could cause major headaches and require too much fabrication to be worth it. Let us know if it works though. I have a 70 that needs a frame.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,741 Posts
1970 would be a better fit, but the WB on 68-70 is the same, and they all took the 472 CI engine. You need a DeVille or Calais chassis / frame.

Drop the "coupe"; It is a DeVille Convertible. I had a 69 and have a 68.

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
825 Posts
First of all, you need to put in your signature where you are from, then you have to help yourself.

I Googled "Cadillac junkyard" and tons of links came up. You need to put in a little effort and you will find something.

Good Luck

Tom

·
Registered
1969 Cadillac Deville convertible
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First of all, you need to put in your signature where you are from, then you have to help yourself.

I Googled "Cadillac junkyard" and tons of links came up. You need to put in a little effort and you will find something.

Good Luck

Tom
Clam down new to the site didn’t know about any signatures thanks for the information will do.

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
825 Posts
Noticed there was a Caddy yard in NC (from the Google), I'm sure that's no more than a day's ride and there's one also in FL. I'm sure once you start asking questions, you will get pointed to a frame.

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.