Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday, some Nascar race got delayed. When the weather cleared, they bumped the scheduled programming on Fox Sport 1 to show more of the Nascar race. Then they bumped what was scheduled on Fox Sport 2 to show what had been bumped from Fox Sport 1. Seems illogical to disrupt two channels.

Curiously, what was moved from FS1 to FS2 was run without commercials. I wonder if they couldn't sync the proper commercials with the channel change or if the contract somehow specified the channel the commercials would run on.

·
Registered
86 Bronco, 74 Ford LTD,1999 Deville, 1977 Coupe Deville
305 Posts
I miss the SPEED channel. When they first launched they showed the races start to finish no commercials. Now I DVR everything & watch it in half the time.
The trucks are the only NASCAr I like anymore. They always seem to have three truck photo finishes. The Winston cup cars are spread out single file most of the time & the Busch races not much better.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Around here, the two channels are parts of two different packages from the cable company. When they switched channels they lost 3/4 of their viewers.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
I was a huge Nascar fan... Screw em now. Tired of the money grubbing sucky racing on 6 different networks crap. What ever happened to showing old races during rain delays... Oh wait sponsors from last year not paying this year so no air time. I do like Truck racing but never have time to watch them when on. NASCAR not going to get better I fear anytime soon either...

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I stopped watching after Dale Earnhardt sr died

Why because ever since its been one restriction after another on the cars it's not even fun to watch
Plus they more safety rules and parts on the track and cars it's just plain crazy

I watched one race lately and was bored of it half way through

I do like the truck racing though just never get to watch any

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,718 Posts
Yes, how dare they implement safety to keep drivers from dying on the track.

Shame on them! Big bad NASCAR always ruins the fun.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I think you got my post wrong I wasn't saying safety was a bad thing it's just they have limited the top speed of the cars and it makes it boring due to that

Had dale Earnhardt sr had the safety gear they have now he would have likely survived the crash

I didn't imply that the safety gear was a bad thing just how they want to limit the cars now considering how they used to be

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Dale Sr. used to say that if you're worried about going too fast put the fans in the infield and let 'er rip. If the drivers didn't like it they could go find another job.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Safety improvements were long overdue, now they bitch if every possible thing isn't done at every track. I wonder if they know it's car racing and inherently dangerous. I say slow em down by take away down force and see what happens. You want to go fast and risk a crash go ahead. They can have great racing at slower speeds with lots of action and passing... or this IROC racing they have turned it into.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,718 Posts
I think you got my post wrong I wasn't saying safety was a bad thing it's just they have limited the top speed of the cars and it makes it boring due to that

Had dale Earnhardt sr had the safety gear they have now he would have likely survived the crash

I didn't imply that the safety gear was a bad thing just how they want to limit the cars now considering how they used to be
They've been limiting the top speed of the cars for almost 30 years...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
They have regulated everything so that every car is identical in every way. The only difference is the markings on he cars. May as well govern them all to 80 MPH.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Nascar has all the excitement of synchronized swimming.....

Ballet on wheels....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts