Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this site so I thought I would share - all you do is put your VIN in and it tells you all the updates that were done to your vehicle - nice to cross reference if you need certain updates...

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

:)

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Very nice find
I wish it would show the dates and mileage when these updates were performed.
I believe that it only shows the software updates that are or were available for your particular vehicle. It doesn't mean that they were actually done.

·
Registered
2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS
532 Posts
Here may be a rather dumb question, BUT, assuming these are updates that should have been done:
1) How do you know for certain they were done?
2) How do you know if they need/should be done?? Really necessary?
3) Where do you get them done? I am assuming the Stealer? Cost???/Benefit??

THANKS

·
Registered
Cadillac
58 Posts
Here may be a rather dumb question, BUT, assuming these are updates that should have been done:
1) How do you know for certain they were done?
2) How do you know if they need/should be done?? Really necessary?
3) Where do you get them done? I am assuming the Stealer? Cost???/Benefit??

THANKS
x2 !!!

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
That site we use to check CVN numbers mainly.
It is the key to doing what everyone whines about, checking to see if you have modified the calibrations from stock.
Otherwise all it is good for is to see calibration history.
To know what is in the vehicle you have to use a scan tool to retrieve the calibration numbers.
It is a remnant of something we used to use to identify PROM information back in the '80s and '90s.
I rarely use that application, maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That site we use to check CVN numbers mainly.
It is the key to doing what everyone whines about, checking to see if you have modified the calibrations from stock.
Otherwise all it is good for is to see calibration history.
To know what is in the vehicle you have to use a scan tool to retrieve the calibration numbers.
It is a remnant of something we used to use to identify PROM information back in the '80s and '90s.
I rarely use that application, maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
So just to clarify, is does show you what has been done to the vehicle with that particular VIN number, correct?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
No, it shows the "calibration history" which means it shows you previous updates that were available but not necessarily used.

When we use the programming application (TIS2WEB) to update the software in any module it shows the history.
There is a long tree (or short) with all the calibration numbers that used to be available and at the bottom there may only be one choice or there could be 2 or 3 depending on vehicle options.
When programming you can obviously only select one and if the tree ends with one number, it is automatically selected because we are only allowed to use the latest one.
We cannot backdate software.
I tried punching in a VIN but I don't know if my Vista computer won't work or if something is wrong with that link.

At any rate, I hope I cleared that up.
It is basically an informational tool only and it rarely gets used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts