Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finishing my last final of the semester today (WOOHOO, I'm 1/8th of the way through Dental School!!!), I decided to cruise by my local dealer to see if they had the 18" wheel sport appearance cts in. They did, and it looked nice. I took some pics with my phone, I'll post them whenever I figure out how the heck to transfer them to a computer. I've got pics of the rear wing, wheels, and yes, the strut tower bar and hood liner. What was even more incredible is the car was in the showroom with a big "sold" sign on it, and the dealer had installed an E&G grill for the customer. I found the nearest salesman and asked him if they had the stock grill still sitting around and he took me over to their aftermarket guy (Vogue) and he said "yeah". I asked if he'd be willing to sell it to me and he said he'd have to wait until after the car had been delivered to the customer to make sure the deal went through, but as long as it did, he'd make me a deal. I also told him if the deal was good enough, maybe I'd pick up one of the rear spoilers as well, and he said if that was the case, he was sure he could put something together, he'd have to look at prices and check with the body shop guys to get a price to paint the parts and call me later this week. So yeah, am I going to be the first on the forum to make this aftermarket swap???

Now I just have to hope he'll make a reasonable offer. Last time I talked to one of the vogue guys about getting a V grill, he offered to make me a "deal" on an E&G version for "only" $1200!!!

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
After finishing my last final of the semester today (WOOHOO, I'm 1/8th of the way through Dental School!!!), I decided to cruise by my local dealer to see if they had the 18" wheel sport appearance cts in. They did, and it looked nice. I took some pics with my phone, I'll post them whenever I figure out how the heck to transfer them to a computer. I've got pics of the rear wing, wheels, and yes, the strut tower bar and hood liner. What was even more incredible is the car was in the showroom with a big "sold" sign on it, and the dealer had installed an E&G grill for the customer. I found the nearest salesman and asked him if they had the stock grill still sitting around and he took me over to their aftermarket guy (Vogue) and he said "yeah". I asked if he'd be willing to sell it to me and he said he'd have to wait until after the car had been delivered to the customer to make sure the deal went through, but as long as it did, he'd make me a deal. I also told him if the deal was good enough, maybe I'd pick up one of the rear spoilers as well, and he said if that was the case, he was sure he could put something together, he'd have to look at prices and check with the body shop guys to get a price to paint the parts and call me later this week. So yeah, am I going to be the first on the forum to make this aftermarket swap???

Now I just have to hope he'll make a reasonable offer. Last time I talked to one of the vogue guys about getting a V grill, he offered to make me a "deal" on an E&G version for "only" $1200!!!
good luck, hope it goes through!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I got a call from the dealership today. The guy said the car still hasnt been delivered so he cant sell me the grill yet but he had some prices for me. If I bought the grill new through the parts department, it would cost $440 plus $60 for paint. He's willing to knock $100 bucks off. He also said he could get that wing for about $360 or so. If you ask me, even $400 sounds a bit steep for that grill. Does anyone remember how much it was listed for at gmpartsdirect.com? I'll look around a see if I can dig that back up. Seems to me like it was around $250 or so. So would it be insulting for me to tell him $400 is too much and ask him to come down around the gmpartsdirect price? Let me know what you guys think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts