Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was pokeing around searching for a way to look at the back of the instrament cluster to make sure everything was connected (running down i039 code) , i decided to have a look at the PCM , pulled the hush panel from the pass side under dash area and looked at the computer , i reached up to make sure the wires had firm connections i ended up movin the whole damned thing , the pcm wiggles back and forth about 1.5 inches ...is this normal ? i sudder to think its normal , that would have to be bad for it , esp if it grounds thru the brakets ? or does it ground some other way ?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It grounds in other ways, but thats still not the best thing for it. Is anything else disturbed in that area, like spliced wires? Or does the PCM not look stock for some reason (like junkyard paint marker)?

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like original stuff , according to the parts list the prom was updated , there is a large scrape on the back of it where it has been rubbing on something for a long time , i got it all the way out and it looks like someone half ass put it back in as it is missing one of the rubber teets that fits into the firewall side of the bracket and one bolt was missing out of the hush panel

i tapped the unit witht he engine running and nothing happend so i guess its ok but im not sure , rattleing around like that couldnt have been good for it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy