Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 DTS Premium 2010 Escalade EXT
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been looking for a nice EXT for quite a while. Low miles and rust-free have been my biggest concerns. So today I found one, a fresh listing, they just got it in today. It's the lowest miles I've seen on any that I've looked at so far, so I'm pretty psyched about that. It looks brand new. Paying just over $36k, so not cheap, but not bad, considering the insane market.

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gear shift

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
3,175 Posts
I would ask for maintenance records especially oil changes/fluids and Have the code history read, independently take it all day and drive and test everything multiple times , do many start stops ( 10) to see if any codes come back

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I would just walk ….

around the corner where no one could see you, do a double fist pump, jump in the air, scream into your shirt sleeve and walk back around the corner and say …. I’m not happy about it, but I’m not sad either. Alright, let’s do the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would ask for maintenance records especially oil changes/fluids and Have the code history read, independently take it all day and drive and test everything multiple times , do many start stops ( 10) to see if any codes come back
Yes, I would like to drive it, but it's 1500 miles away, so I'm not gonna be able to drive it prior to buying. And it's a bona fide Chevy dealer, not some backyard car lot. After purchase, I'm going to get it shipped to me. I'm undecided about hiring 'Lemon Squad' to do a full report before I wire money to the dealer. It's such incredibly low miles, that I worry it will sell to someone else if I hesitate at all.

They said they are doing their full "used vehicle inspection service" on Monday. I will check on the oil change(s), I would hope it's had at least one oil/filter change by now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mileage seems suspect though. I had every car mileage turned back until 2012 when the cars started getting too smart and reporting mileage to dealers...just my 2 cents. But I am proof you can find super low mileage cars even in pandemic. I just picked up chrysler 2007 300c hemi from an old guy with only 40k on it for $6500...super steal...now I'm gonna have to superpower this thing, make it into a beast. Nothing like buying two v8 gas hogs in the middle of a gas crisis!!! It's only money right!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We
Mileage seems suspect though. ...
There's a chance, I suppose. They had a Carfax report, which seemed to validate the mileage.

Anyway, I completed the sale, and hired Montway Auto Transport for shipping. I should have the car in about a week. There's always a bit of a gamble buying a used car, heck, even buying a new one is a gamble nowadays, lol. So I remain a little apprehensive and am keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 2013 premium from a ford dealer in Kansas. I am located in Minnesota, also a mechanic so for me not being able to put my hands on it and be able to physically go over everything was more than nerve wracking. I said I'd never buy a car sight unseen let alone a used one but I gave in. The dealer was extremely responsive, very helpful straight forward answers to all my questions. I started to consider it because every single one up here I looked at was just too rusty underneath like none of them were ever washed, just not a single one period. Yeah I know up here none are gonna be like a Texas truck but damn. I gave a list of alot of areas everywhere I wanted pics of, they delivered too a T. So I gave up not being able to physically inspect but trusted them enough, and the fact it was 100% almost new underneath, interior looked very very well cared for and overall excellent condition I decided to pull the trigger andhope for the best. And atleast this first time I did it this way worked out awesome, truck showed up everything meet or exceeded my hopes to the point I was blown away how good it drove and was mechanically, didn't stink like cigarettes or anything like that they were trying to hide. Had 138k on it when i got it, now 2.5 years later and 45k its been a phonemial truck. And just looking at your pics that truck absolutely looks in every way that mileage is true, hope it all works out !!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha, gre
I bought my 2013 premium from a ford dealer in Kansas. I am located in Minnesota, also a mechanic so for me not being able to put my hands on it and be able to physically go over everything was more than nerve wracking..........
I actually owned two full service stations back in 70's & 80's, been working on cars for 50 years. I had all the EXACT same feelings as you, LOL. Now this will be my third vehicle bought online. I live in Northeast, and around here, every single 12-year old GM truck is rusted out, ready for junkyard. GM does horrible job with rustproofing.

Conversely, my bud has 12-year old full-size Lexus, and we had that car up on my lift a while back and it looks absolutely great underneath. The harsh New England winters have been tamed by Lexus chassis treatments.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts