Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local shop/salvage yard has an '87 Brougham with a matching maroon interior to mine and a dark maroon exterior. The owner told me he's pulling the nose from the car to fix another '87 that belongs to the used car lot next door. Once he does that he plans to junk the car. So I can have whatever I want for nothing! Tomorrow I'm going over there with jumper cables to see if the opera lamps work since they look nice and clean. The car has the base velour seats in really good shape and they were pretty nice when I sat down in the car. I took a picture of the locking wire wheel nut to see if they match my key because I have one dinged up hubcap I'd like to replace. The car is in really good shape inside with the exception of the dash which is cracked and the steering wheel which is the hard plastic one and is also cracked. The outside is a little rough. Big dents, faded paint, torn up and split top, but the chrome is all in good shape. I intend to head back there tomorrow and grab some opera lamps if they work, and a hubcap if they'll fit. I checked the radio knobs, unfortunately the woodgrain off those are gone too, so I'm still looking for one of those if anyone's got one.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I would take the seats and make them into chairs for my bedroom!

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I have thought about that... the best way would be to use the base of a computer chair, like on mine, the seat itself un screws from the center piston thing with plate and wheels on the bottom... then fabricate a bracket to bolt into the plate ont he chair and then the facotry mounting points on the car seat... I think it would be neat... gotta make arm rests tho :)

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meh, the seats are nice, but I wouldn't put them in my car. I have d'Elegance leather seats, I woudn't replace them with base model velour. I'm interested in taking a few things though out of the interior. The autodimming mirror I might grab just in case mine frys. If my key fits the hubcaps I might take all three (One's missing) and just toss them away just incase someone steals one of mine or something since I see it pretty impossible that they'd fall off, they're on there pretty good. Really all I can take from would be the interior seeing as the outside is pretty rough, the engine is a complete mess. The hood's not even bolted on, it's just kinda resting on top of the engine, which is also mostly dismantled. I can't touch the front clip since that's what he wants out of it. I'll try to get the trunk open and see if there's a trunk mat in there since I don't have one and I want one. Should be a fun day tomorrow! My sexy friend Liz from high school is coming with me and wants to help. A girl who volunteers to go to a junkyard?! Wow... that's almost as cool as free velour seats. Haha.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
damn damn damn i want the opera lamps one of mine if out and the other works great!!! Nice score DS if they work

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have one that's out you might wanna go ahead and unplug the other one. The remaining one will burn out faster if it's lighting up alone so I'm told.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oooooooooooook. Opera lights are shot and the hubcaps don't come off with my key, so I left those. I however did grab a few things that I'm pretty happy about.

- Three cigarette lighters in perfect shape, mine are all shitty on the bottom.
- A spare Autodimming Mirror
- A trunk mat which is a little wet and is currently drying in my basement.

It's a shame I didn't need anything else or else I woulda taken it, the interior was in pretty decent shape. I might go back on Monday and ask if he'll let me take the seats since for velour seats they're in good shape. A tad faded on top, but in good shape none the less. Anyway here's the stuff I got.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, how hard is the auto release for the parking brake to remove? Mine doesn't automatically release and I'm wondering if I should grab that one. If it's not hard to do I might do it.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
You should go back and take things like the window switches and the power window motors and power lock stuff. That's the kind of thing that can die overtime and at least you'll already have the parts. For the automatic brake release just take the panel off that's around it and it shouldn't be too hard to see how it comes off. You can buy the part that releases it at the dealer. I bought one but the service manual says you have to take the whole pedal out to change it so I never bothered doing it yet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Man thats a cool deal! I would love to come across something like that.
The junk yard girl friend is very cool.

Later

·
Registered
01 STS, 92 Roadmaster, 01 SLS-sold, 88 Brougham-crushed
1,392 Posts
lucky bastard. i sure could use some parts from a car the same color as mine, and i have the velour interior.

damn. my front drivers and passengers side armrests are cracked. the ones that are on the doorpanels and are vinyl or something. :-(

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pimpin88 said:
lucky bastard. i sure could use some parts from a car the same color as mine, and i have the velour interior.
damn. my front drivers and passengers side armrests are cracked. the ones that are on the doorpanels and are vinyl or something. :-(
I'd help you out with that but both arm rests are cracked in the front too. That's a good point though, I think I will grab at least the driver's side switch panel for the locks, seats, and windows since that switch plate gets used the most. I'm gonna try to take the seats and sell that shit since they're in good shape.

·
Registered
'66 SDV, '76 FWB, '80 Hearse, '71 Riviera & '75 Chevy RV
531 Posts
good find for sure! if i were you, i'd unscrew the chrome lock knobs from the doors if the chrome is still good on 'em. easy to take, and good to have if the finish wears off yours. if it's got the matching interior colour, take the dash pad esp. if yours is cracked. take some of the chrome bits that run up the back side of front seats. also the door sill covers, with the "Body by Fisher" tags. clean 'er out my friend.

If you can help me, i need a new right rear tail-light lens and chrome surround for the same side. my lens is missing the little caddy crest out of the middle of the emblem, and there is a small dent in the bottom of the chrome surround. also, on the trunk lid, i have the "5.0 Litre" badge, but am missing the "Cadillac" script. pull them off if you can man, let me know if you're interested in selling?

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll check on the tail light and the chrome piece. One was dented I can't remember which one. The Cadillac script on this particular car says "adillac." But I'm sure I may have one lying around somewhere in perfect shape. I'm more than positive I do. It's not OEM though, you'll have to glue it on.

By the way, is this what you mean? The entire chrome tailfin or just the skinny chrome frame you take off to replace the bulbs?

This is my entire tailfin.

Is that what you want?

·
Registered
'66 SDV, '76 FWB, '80 Hearse, '71 Riviera & '75 Chevy RV
531 Posts
Thanks for your help Dopestar, maybe this edited version of your picture will help:

A: I'm missing that teeny tiny Cadillac crest that goes in the middle of that little chrome piece in the middle of the lens. The lens itself is a little scuffed, so if the car has a nice one, complete with the crest, I'd like that.

B: Where that line is that i drew, there is a dent/crease in the chrome. So, to answer your question, it is the whole chrome tailfin. If it's in decent shape, I'd like that thing too.

C: And yeah, that's the script I'm missing, so if you can find one, I'll take it!

Also remember, all of these things are for the RH PASSENGER side, aka: opposite to the side that you posted a picture of, lol!

Really appreciate it!

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, how do you take that thing off? Isn't it part of the bumper? I'll try to get you the entire passenger side tailfin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts