Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is... It has the little safety button in the front, unlike the 98+ Seville. Below is the regular one...

And compare the regular one above to the one I want to purchase, below:

The pattern on the wood is burlwood, but it's close in color to the zebrano on the dash and doors. It is all photoshopped, as it's a project at this point, along with blacklighting the background lights of the instrument panel, and getting magnaflows.

Thoughts/opinions welcome: which one do YOU like, and why?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
mtflight said:
Here it is... It has the little safety button in the front, unlike the 98+ Seville. Below is the regular one...

And compare the regular one above to the one I want to purchase, below:

The pattern on the wood is burlwood, but it's close in color to the zebrano on the dash and doors. It is all photoshopped, as it's a project at this point, along with blacklighting the background lights of the instrument panel, and getting magnaflows.

Thoughts/opinions welcome: which one do YOU like, and why?
The wooden one is very nice, it sets the dash off nicely

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
That is most def an eldorado you can tell cause it has the bose cd player and 96-97 eldos and sevilles had just tape players. Also it has the info controls mounted above the radio so that means its an Eldorado cause sevilles 98 on up didnt have the controls there. It looks like someone just took the wood shifter from a 98+ Seville and put it on an Eldo. The hard thing is what would prevent you from accidently pushing the shifter from drive into reverse while driving cause it doesnt have a release button to move the shifter.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CadillacETC1997 said:
That is most def an eldorado you can tell cause it has the bose cd player and 96-97 eldos and sevilles had just tape players. Also it has the info controls mounted above the radio so that means its an Eldorado cause sevilles 98 on up didnt have the controls there. It looks like someone just took the wood shifter from a 98+ Seville and put it on an Eldo. The hard thing is what would prevent you from accidently pushing the shifter from drive into reverse while driving cause it doesnt have a release button to move the shifter.
It's not the same shifter. It has a button in the front and it is burlwood pattern. It's definitely an Eldorado because I composed the picture on Photoshop--so it's not a real picture per say. Note the climate control buttons on the wooden shifter pic? I just replicated the fan button a few times to fill in for the area the regular wide leather shifter was in.

I have handled the real wooden shifter in the picture, and it "should" work just fine since it has that release button you're talking about.

·
Registered
298 Posts
where and How much can I find a shifter like this? By the way is there anyway to replace the steering wheel also?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ej2000n said:
where and How much can I find a shifter like this? By the way is there anyway to replace the steering wheel also?
It's about $100. 2005 Buick LaCrosse shifter handle, woodgrain. The steering wheel is more of an issue because of the airbag, etc. You can purchase one from your dealership, but it will be expensive.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello...
I considered putting one on my 2000 ETC.
It just screams to be paired with a WOOD WHEEL!

Looks Good!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like it!!!:yup:

So far the only one I could find for a replacement was a black leather big button shifter from a Buick Riviera at a junk yard. Where did you find yours and how much was it???:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
I like the look of the wood but I don't like having a round shifter knob in an automatic. My stock one's in good shape except for the U clip which I lost, so I'll keep it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My Oldsmobile has a wooden steering wheel (Grant). It's nice. Mine's all wood though, no leather. Has a good solid feel.

ElDawgg 2G said:
Hello...
I considered putting one on my 2000 ETC.
It just screams to be paired with a WOOD WHEEL!
Looks Good!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Azriel said:
My Oldsmobile has a wooden steering wheel (Grant). It's nice. Mine's all wood though, no leather. Has a good solid feel.
A photo would be nice . . . . .

Regards,
Warren

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The wooden shift knob looks nice. I say go for it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here is my 98 ETC with wood wheel from a 02 ETC and a wood shifter from a cts. Just have to make something to cover the black plastic and screw.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
patfarrell said:
Here is my 98 ETC with wood wheel from a 02 ETC and a wood shifter from a cts. Just have to make something to cover the black plastic and screw.
Looks good. How much did the shifter handle and steering wheel set you back? I was considering the shifter handle for the new STS which has a button too, but it came as part of the console and would've been ~300.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
14 Participants
mtflight