Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got a 06 cadillac cts, and none of the windows work. I did some research and found out that the wires under the seat could have gotten wet. From the ac condensation. I took the seat out and checked under the carpet. And the wires were fine. But when I w
as down their I found another connector that wasn't connected to anything and I can't find anything that it connects to. All seat connectors were connected. But I'm wondering if this connector has anything to do with the windows? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Picture below

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope thats a test connector. first things first provided you tryed the other switchs on the other doors and still got non-op. and start with power check the fuses not visually either with a test light to be sure you have power. windows will work key on accessory do not need no one sitting in it. it will work regardless if sitting in it or not. check the two little tangs on top of fuse No power on side of fuse replace fuse if power on both go to the bank of relays quick way to check go to a known good one like the horn swap them recheck windows. more than likely will be the problem. that is a test connector in your pic. if you by way outside chance have no problem with fuses and relays then i would be the master control in the drivers door but its rear in these newer cars. to my experience as a professional mechanic of 40yrs its most likely the relay. good luck take care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope thats a test connector. first things first provided you tryed the other switchs on the other doors and still got non-op. and start with power check the fuses not visually either with a test light to be sure you have power. windows will work key on accessory do not need no one sitting in it. it will work regardless if sitting in it or not. check the two little tangs on top of fuse No power on side of fuse replace fuse if power on both go to the bank of relays quick way to check go to a known good one like the horn swap them recheck windows. more than likely will be the problem. that is a test connector in your pic. if you by way outside chance have no problem with fuses and relays then i would be the master control in the drivers door but its rear in these newer cars. to my experience as a professional mechanic of 40yrs its most likely the relay. good luck take care.
Thanks I I would've never guessed that. And their is no fuses or relays for the windows. Their is only a 25 amp circuit breaker. But I switched that out. And still dosnt work. Imma just order a new master switch and hope for the best.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >137k miles
966 Posts
Check the wires under the carpet in the rear passenger side. See <this thread> for discussion; he describes the problem (wiring short) starting at post #12.

Also, the fuse panels under the rear seat contain fuses/breakers for the door modules - I am not sure whether these are specific to the window units but would be worth checking. On the driver side one of them is marked DRIVER DR MOD. On the passenger side one of the breakers is marked DR MOD PWR C/B. See section of the owner's manual starting on page 5-110 of the owner's manual.

If you don't have a copy of the owner's manual, see the DIY section at the top of the forum or download from Cadillac site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts