Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2010 DTS Premium Collection
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My 2009 DTS has bluetooth but it's only for the phone which is what your window sticker indicates. But having the navigation is nice and you can always add a bluetooth adapter for audio in various ways. Looks like a nice car.
Can you play MP3's (or other audio files) that are on your phone through the Bose system? Thanks

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
354 Posts
Can you play MP3's (or other audio files) that are on your phone through the Bose system? Thanks
I can't on my 09 DTS but yours may have some updates. If not, if you have an auxiliary jack on the radio or in the center console perhaps, then you could attach an aftermarket bluetooth adapter that could route the sound through that jack or one that uses an FM frequency which would not sound as good as using the auxiliary jack.

·
Registered
2007 DTS (Base: 1SB)
77 Posts
I can't on my 09 DTS but yours may have some updates. If not, if you have an auxiliary jack on the radio or in the center console perhaps, then you could attach an aftermarket bluetooth adapter that could route the sound through that jack or one that uses an FM frequency which would not sound as good as using the auxiliary jack.
This is what I use in my 07’ DTS. $20 works just fine they AUX.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,813 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,547 Posts
I can on my 2010, so I have to assume you will be able to as well. There is a small female jack on the right side that I plug my IPOD into. It shows pretty well in this picture.

White Car Satellite radio Radio Media player

·
Registered
2011 DTS & 2005 Ford E-250 (handicap van)
132 Posts
Is your deal final? It was listed for $1000.00 less elsewhere !!!

I stopped at the $9500 because of the tires and possible rims. I never made him an offer on your new Cadillac.

·
Registered
132 Posts
No I don't know him except for emailing him with questions about the car.

He never mentioned the age of the tires until I told him that I wanted the Dot codes from all four tires.

On what date did you talk to him and finalize your deal? If you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited by Moderator)
No I don't know him except for emailing him with questions about the car.
He never mentioned the age of the tires until I told him that I wanted the Dot codes from all four tires.
On what date did you talk to him and finalize your deal? If you don't mind me asking.
Ahhh, thanks. I just started this process a couple of days ago. The deal is not 100% finalized, it is pending the inspection. The seller actually suggested the LemonSquad inspection, which I thought was pretty legit of him.

I'm definitely not 'stealing' the car. The agreed price is $11,900 (big reveal!). But I wanted rust-free and clean, and a few other options that is has. Car seems to meet those criteria. I REALLY wanted White Diamond with black interior, but I just couldn't find one, not many black interiors, unless you get black exterior. At some point, you just gotta make a concession or two.

I can on my 2010, so I have to assume you will be able to as well. There is a small female jack on the right side that I plug my IPOD into. It shows pretty well in this picture.
Thanks for the pic! Does your car have Bose & Bluetooth? If so, can you play audio through the phone, or only the iPod? Thanks again.................. ;)

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,813 Posts
Ahhh, thanks. I just started this process a couple of days ago. The deal is not 100% finalized, it is pending the inspection. The seller actually suggested the LemonSquad inspection, which I thought was pretty legit of him.

I'm definitely not 'stealing' the car. The agreed price is $11,900 (big reveal!). But I wanted rust-free and clean, and a few other options that is has. Car seems to meet those criteria. I REALLY wanted White Diamond with black interior, but I just couldn't find one, not many black interiors, unless you get black exterior. At some point, you just gotta make a concession or two.
Given the condition and mileage of the car along with the current market conditions, I don't think you overpaid by much. Being from the rust belt (Central NY) myself, you can't really put a price on having a 12 yr old low mileage, rust free Cadillac.

Ya' done good (y)

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium
141 Posts
The stock radio will only play .mp3 files off of CD-R or CD-RW (not DVD, for reasons only known to GM; and certainly not off of USB devices, unfortunately).

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
354 Posts

View attachment 606517
I mentioned the jack in an earlier post but the OP was asking if music could go through bluetooth but that only works for a phone.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I mentioned the jack in an earlier post but the OP was asking if music could go through bluetooth but that only works for a phone.
Yes, so let me try to ask my question more clearly. I have many audio files (MP3) on my phone. Since we know the H/U has Bluetooth, and it WILL connect to my phone, will it play the audio files? Or will the H/U only work with the phone for calls? That's the question I'm trying to get an answer to, haha. No big deal, I'll find out soon enough when I get the car.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
1,441 Posts
Yes, so let me try to ask my question more clearly. I have many audio files (MP3) on my phone. Since we know the H/U has Bluetooth, and it WILL connect to my phone, will it play the audio files? Or will the H/U only work with the phone for calls? That's the question I'm trying to get an answer to, haha. No big deal, I'll find out soon enough when I get the car.
No, the stock H/U will only connect to the phone for calls. You need a 1/4 jack cable to play music from your phone.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
No, the stock H/U will only connect to the phone for calls. You need a 1/4 jack cable to play music from your phone.
OK, thanks for that answer. That means I will be installing the double-din USB/Bluetooth Pioneer from my old DeVille, after I buy a new PAC wiring harness from Crutchfield. Thanks again!

·
Registered
354 Posts
OK, thanks for that answer. That means I will be installing the double-din USB/Bluetooth Pioneer from my old DeVille, after I buy a new PAC wiring harness from Crutchfield. Thanks again!
That is probably the best option sound wise. You could add a bluetooth adapter to your new car which can go through FM frequencies or the audio jack but that would have lower fidelity but still decent. I tried the Anker Roav SmartCharge F0 model which works fairly well but since I still use the CD changer a lot, I find I don't use the Anker that much.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
OK, for anyone still reading this thread, I finalized my deal, all paid in full...... and arranged for transport via open car carrier.

I also got my LemonSquad report and I must say, I was VERY impressed at the depth of the report. It cost me $179 for an inspector to go out and examine the car (thoroughly), take tons of pics, go for test drive, and summarize everything. I thought this was a great deal for $179. Below are the first three pages of the report, which is actually over 100 pages total! If you would like to see the entire report, I have hosted it on my server for your downloading pleasure. It is a 25mb pdf file, available here: www.csgbenefits.org/LemonSquad_Report.pdf

Automotive parking light Car Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel
Font Screenshot Parallel Document Number
Material property Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
132 Posts
I did not know that that car has a backup camera as checked off in your lemon squad report.

Finally, good luck and don't go to fast until YOU check how the tires are!

We don't want to lose a member with such a great car.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
1,441 Posts

Might I suggest checking into a MaestroRR https://www.idatalinkmaestro.com for interfacing your car to the radio. It's the easiest way I've found to keep your cars full functionality to include steering wheel controls.

I had my telephone mic ran up the A pillar and into the overhead overhead control where the garage door opener is and they glued it into where the cars mic goes. It works really well (I don't have onstar so didn't need the cars mic)...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I did not know that that car has a backup camera as checked off in your lemon squad report.
Finally, good luck and don't go to fast until YOU check how the tires are!...
Thanks...... Interestingly, the ONLY time I ever backed into something (50+ years of driving) was when I relied on a backup camera in a Chevy Avalanche that I owned. Since then, I ignore them, haha.

Might I suggest checking into a MaestroRR https://www.idatalinkmaestro.com for interfacing your car to the radio. It's the easiest way I've found to keep your cars full functionality to include steering wheel controls.
I had my telephone mic ran up the A pillar and into the overhead overhead control where the garage door opener is and they glued it into where the cars mic goes. It works really well (I don't have onstar so didn't need the cars mic).
Thanks for this... I chatted directly with one of the techs at Crutchfield, and he was terrific. I ended up buying a PAC harness which should do the trick, retaining all built-in controls. If it (the PAC harness) doesn't retain steering wheel controls, then it's useless. In my older DeVille, I had done just as you mention, running the mic wire up a-pillar and fastening it in place. I'm assuming this newer car and the PAC harness will allow me to use the vehicle's built-in mic, but if not, I will do same a-pillar install.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts