Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2010 DTS Premium Collection
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a DTS to replace my wonderful (much loved) '03 DeVille. God, I must have looked at hundreds of DTS's (online). I finally found one that hits most all of my hot buttons. It is a rust-free Arizona car, always garaged, 2010 Premium Collection Edition, with 50k miles.

I'm not gonna mention the price, but I would like you guys to guesstimate and post what you think. I will reveal the number when the deal finalizes completely.......

It seems really pristine, but I have hired "LemonSquad" to do an inspection, and the sale is contingent upon my approval after reading the LemonSquad report. This inspection service cost me $179.00 and seems well worth it for peace of mind, as I am doing this whole deal remotely. I will post a copy of the report in this thread after I get it, just so that others can see how the service works.

Here's a couple of pics:
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Font Material property Publication Newspaper Paper

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations. How far are you away from "your" car? Will you go to fetch it or will you have it shipped to you?

For the car itself, without tax, license, inspection, and tip, I'll guess $10,976.

Please do give a report on the "Lemon Squad." This seems like a great tool for remote buyers.

Enjoy your ride!

Bill

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
549 Posts
Congratulations! Remember to change the coolant, tensioner pulley and filters when you get it!

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
296 Posts
I've been searching for a DTS to replace my wonderful (much loved) '03 DeVille. God, I must have looked at hundreds of DTS's (online). I finally found one that hits most all of my hot buttons. It is a rust-free Arizona car, always garaged, 2010 Premium Collection Edition, with 50k miles.

I'm not gonna mention the price, but I would like you guys to guesstimate and post what you think. I will reveal the number when the deal finalizes completely.......

It seems really pristine, but I have hired "LemonSquad" to do an inspection, and the sale is contingent upon my approval after reading the LemonSquad report. This inspection service cost me $179.00 and seems well worth it for peace of mind, as I am doing this whole deal remotely. I will post a copy of the report in this thread after I get it, just so that others can see how the service works.

Here's a couple of pics:
View attachment 606448
View attachment 606449
View attachment 606450
Clean and stock, hope it runs as good as it looks.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 DTS & 2005 Ford E-250 (handicap van)
133 Posts
That is nice I stopped at $9,500.
Ben and I were texting back and forth about it.
I wanted it as it is CLEAN !
Good luck.

·
Registered
2011 DTS & 2005 Ford E-250 (handicap van)
133 Posts
Do not tell him that I told you B UT THOSE TIRES ARE AT LEAST 6 YEARS OLD. He told me that the car has been parked inside always.

Just wanted to let you know !!!

·
Registered
2011 DTS Base
243 Posts
The grille appears to be the same color as the car. Was that an option or aftermarket dealer installed. I'm not familiar with the options offered. (After readying the window sticker I guess it was).

$8k

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,553 Posts
"All good things come to those who wait". Congrats on your find.

Based on what I had to give for mine, a year ago with 20K on it, I would guess somewhere around $15,000.

·
Registered
2007 DTS (Base: 1SB)
77 Posts
Very nice. I especially like the Bluetooth option on the window sticker. Hope it all works out. And definitely check the water pump tensioner as mentioned above. A known culprit but inexpensive if taken care of before, very expensive if it fails.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do not tell him that I told you B UT THOSE TIRES ARE AT LEAST 6 YEARS OLD. He told me that the car has been parked inside always.

I had a Michelin separate and those steel belts annihilated the fender on my Cutlass, and they weren't but around 5 years old.
I've never bought another Michelin.
Then again, the Uniroyals on my farm truck are over 20 years old and I've never had a flat. Mind you, I don't put it on the highway and it doesn't see much use these days.

Always check the dates on tires, because that can be a negotiating tool too! I know how expensive replacing the tires on my Camaro or an SSR is, and I've yet to find matching staggered tires for my SRX locally which pushes me to order and pay shipping. It currently has a mix of Bridgestone and Faulken.

Make him knock off a Grand

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Congratulations. How far are you away from "your" car? Will you go to fetch it or will you have it shipped to you?
For the car itself, without tax, license, inspection, and tip, I'll guess $10,976.
Please do give a report on the "Lemon Squad." This seems like a great tool for remote buyers.
Enjoy your ride!
Bill
Thanks Bill.... I am in Rhode Island, so ~2k miles, gonna have it shipped. The seller actually suggested LemonSquad. Interestingly, I have asked many times, on this forum and others, if anyone new of an inspection service for hire to check out potential remote purchases..... and no one ever had an answer or suggestion. But honestly, I never did Google it, haha, though I was surprised that so many 'car guys' on assorted forums did not know of this (or similar) service.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,872 Posts

Here's a couple of pics:
View attachment 606448
View attachment 606449
View attachment 606450
Beautiful example.
Congrats on finding "your" DTS!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do not tell him that I told you BUT THOSE TIRES ARE AT LEAST 6 YEARS OLD. He told me that the car has been parked inside always.
Small world, do you know the seller? That's good to know about the tires. Actually, the seller already mentioned it. He seems like a great guy. But since the vehicle has always been garaged, the tires may still be good. No big deal. I was simply at my wits end looking for a car WITHOUT rust, so maybe I overpaid a bit.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Base
243 Posts
Whether it was garaged or not, living its life out in the West in a desert community is going to dry things out quicker than usual. Just do the due diligence on it when it arrives and enjoy.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice. I especially like the Bluetooth option on the window sticker. .....
LOLOL, this ^^^^ is my favorite post! 10 'likes'! I have been looking at so many cars. For some reason, I had it in my mind that 2011 was the first year for Bluetooth. I looked at an options list for this year/model of DTS on a web site, and did not see Bluetooth mentioned, so I was mentally preparing myself to spend ~$1,000 (or more) on a new H/U, and then the hassle of installing it. I should have just looked more carefully at the Window Sticker, haha. :D

RE: pricing - I'm surprised to see the wide variety of estimates so far. Interesting....

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
354 Posts
LOLOL, this ^^^^ is my favorite post! 10 'likes'! I have been looking at so many cars. For some reason, I had it in my mind that 2011 was the first year for Bluetooth. I looked at an options list for this year/model of DTS on a web site, and did not see Bluetooth mentioned, so I was mentally preparing myself to spend ~$1,000 (or more) on a new H/U, and then the hassle of installing it. I should have just looked more carefully at the Window Sticker, haha. :D

RE: pricing - I'm surprised to see the wide variety of estimates so far. Interesting....
My 2009 DTS has bluetooth but it's only for the phone which is what your window sticker indicates. But having the navigation is nice and you can always add a bluetooth adapter for audio in various ways. Looks like a nice car.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,553 Posts
I had a Michelin separate and those steel belts annihilated the fender on my Cutlass, and they weren't but around 5 years old.
I've never bought another Michelin.
My record is 98,000 miles on a set of Michelin's. I wanted to make 100K, but a bulge in the sidewall hastened my purchase. I had a tread separate on a set of BFG's. Won't buy them again. I guess it can happen to any tire.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts