Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a friends ELR the other day and now I'm strongly considering buying one. The only question I have does anyone have any experience with a forward facing car seat? How was the fit? Was there enough room that the child's feet weren't touching the back of the front seat. how difficult was it to install and get the child in and out. (My son is about 30 lbs and 38")

·
Registered
Escalade & CTS VSPORT
34 Posts
I use a forward facing car seat for my 2 year old in the back passenger side. She has plenty of room. My 7 year old uses a booster seat and sits behind me. I've taken trips with my wife and both girls in the back for a couple hours without issue.

·
Registered
ELR
23 Posts
I am 6'2" and like my seat low and leaned back. My 3-year old was in a forward facing car seat behind me with no problems. He has transitioned to a booster and still has plenty of room. My wife and oldest also sit behind me, although I have to adjust the seat forward a little for them to be comfortable. I have sat back there, but a 6'2" frame is a tight fit in the legs

·
Registered
60 Posts
How did you fit in the back. I'm 5'11 and when I sat back there while the leg room was tight, I found the low roof line to be the problem. I had to tilt my head sideways as it hit the glass. Very u comfortable even for a 2 min ride.

·
Registered
CT6 plug-in, ELR, Tesla Model X, Ford Fusion Energi
643 Posts
I'm 5'8" and I can't fit in the back, so I have no idea how a 6'2" guy does it. However, the front seat is a different story - lots of room.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use the Nuna convertible car seat. Bought it at Nordstrom.
I had to return the Recaro car seat setup too.
Nuna has a smaller base and the seat is lighter too.

·
Registered
2014 ELR
36 Posts
I am 6'5", and only a legless person could sit behind me. I'd say good for 1 child in the back, right side, without a passenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts