Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
403 Posts
I think it's useful for people who go the distracted driving route. Texting, reading, applying eye make up or my favorite from child hood, Mama swinging her arm back and forth in the back seat
while driving trying to connect with me and my sister and brother. In the 6 months I have had the CTS it has sounded off 2 to 3 times. It beat my reaction time
by a second or two. Once it sounded off at the same time my brain was telling my foot to apply the brakes.

For some people it's a life saver, For others it's useless. Just one more safety device they came up with.

· Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
403 Posts
Is applying the brakes an option on top of the alert. Or does everyone who has the alert have the auto brake?
My 2014 CTS has the "Forward Collision Alert" But doesn't have the "Automatic Braking". On the 14' models they had the "Driver Awareness Package" and
the "Driver Assist Package". The Driver Assist Package has the auto brake feature along with auto seat belt tightening. The Driver Awareness Package has forward
collision alert, Lane Departure Warning etc. On the 2015 models everything is included in One Package.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.