Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
It is not a replacement for competent, attentive driving. It does, however, definitely help.

Real world example: Was traveling at speed with traffic on a highway. Up ahead an SUV towing a boat inexplicably cut across three lanes of traffic--unsignaled--because they realized they were not on the right side of the road to exit to the NYS Thruway. I saw it as soon as it was visible to me, but cars up ahead (not even the car in front of me) had started slamming on their brakes. The second I saw what was happening, the warning was alerting flash, our seatbelts pre-tensioned and the brakes were ready to go.

Did it prevent an accident? No. I did, but driving. Did it help and was it reassuring? Absolutely.

· Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
It will apply the brakes if you don't. It shouldn't ever come to that, though. I certainly wouldn't want to try it out.

I know it works, though, because on two occasions when backing up, in the winter after the car has been washed, the rear sensors have registered a false positive and hit the brakes. The car stopped abruptly and both times I got out to make sure there wasn't something there I didn't see and hit. That's certainly what it felt like. The same time happened once when I was moving forward. As a result, I turn that feature off in the winter when there could be ice on the sensors.

In the situation I discussed above on the highway, the car may have actually started braking a split second before I hit the brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.