Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be a good idea to create a section for DIY jobs. I know it probably won't be needed be many members but I would like to learn to do some of the easier jobs like tune ups and changing my coolent.

·
Registered
520 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
I think this can be done inside of forums as each cars diy jobs will be a bit different......but i do think this could be helpful!
I don't know if this would tie in with Wes's FAQ project, but it seems that many of the basics would be in there too. If nothing else it may be a starting point for finding some of the info that would be needed.
I've been here for a few months and I've noticed that there are some distinct types of users that you see all the time. Maybe that's universal with forums, but this is my first, so I'm not sure.
There are some users that are interested in anything Cadillac. There are several who are extremely knowledgable in sort of a well rounded way. And then there's the ones who come looking for something specific. The FAQ and DIY sections would be most useful to them. And the easier it is for them to find what they need, the more likely they'll be to pass this site on to other people. And that's what builds membership.
I think there's plenty of room here for everyone, it's just a matter of coming up with the best way. But at any rate I think the FAQ and DIY suggestions are really good ideas. After all, no one was born knowing how to change oil. Someone had to teach all of us. What better place than this for a Cadillac owner to learn ?
Bob

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like if we came up with some sort of format for making DIY tutorials. For instance words alone aren't enough for some poeple. I for one know that I would be more than able to do my own tune ups and small projects if I had some pictures. When it comes to something as expensive as my car, I don't want to take a chance of changing something unless I have a pic of what it is supposed to look like, just to make sure I am doing it right. Maybe as people do their routine maintence they would snap some pics and put something together in a word doc or something. Just a thought

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
DaveSmed