Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 3.6L DI Black Raven
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm driving on the highway and see another 2008 CTS I cant help but wonder if they are a forum member.
I just wanted to see if anyone has devised a "forum acknowledgement" signal for other CTS owners on the street.
Some sort of beep or other sign that shows mutual respect for the forum and our sense of style.

·
Registered
2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55
205 Posts
Before my CTS I had a Chevy Avalanche. We had a forum on the Internet very similar to this with lots of helpful information and lots of members. Somebody there suggested that we change our DRL's from the stock clear bulb to an amber bulb, I think they got this idea from the corvette forums. Anytime you were driving and you saw an Avalanche with amber DRL's you knew they were a member of the club.

It would be nice if we could do something like that here.

-Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know of any idea's you guys may have and then we can get something going here!

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
I agree with Boombotz:

They are only 4 bucks, click here to order, or click on the "Vinyl Decals" in the header menu.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was actually thinking of something a little less obvious...kind of like a secret code that only a member would know what it was, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI Black Raven
233 Posts
We can always throw up "gang sign." Such as C O when we see another CTS driver. Or we can wear a bright yellow chicken hat everytime we get in our CTS.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
I like the Cadillac Owners.com sticker and will probably get one when I get my CTS Wagon, but let's face it, unless your right next to the other car, it's gonna be really difficult to see, and impossible if your going in the opposite direction.

Even a license plate frame will be difficult to spot unless you right behind the guy. If you do spot the license plate frame how ya gonna let the other CTS owner know your a Forum member...pull in front of him so he can see your frame?

Why not just wave.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,755 Posts
how about driving with our lights off at night.................
Jim, was that you? I tried to hi-beam you.....why did you turn around and chase me?

I just want in on this thread so I can copy the idea over to other forum sections here. I would like to think of a way to do it without being obvious too. Like somehting similar to that grill badge they used to send you when you bought a new Caddy. Or maybe something small on the XM fin...just thoughts....

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
How about this?

Forum members could paint satellite antenna
and outside mirror bodies HOT PINK
- classy, distinctive, and easy
to spot when approached
from any direction
at any speed.

And, if enough forum members are interested,
we could do a group buy for Krylon
fast-dry spray enamel.

One caveat ... if you spot a Cadillac that's pink all over,
then it's a Mary Kay car, and its driver is probably not
a forum member anyway.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS 6MT, 2008 Cadillac CTS 6MT
174 Posts
We can always throw up "gang sign." Such as C O when we see another CTS driver. Or we can wear a bright yellow chicken hat everytime we get in our CTS.
:histeric: Oh my God that was hilarious! :histeric:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What if we designed our own "logo" in the form of a magnet? We could put it on the back of the car and when you came up on someone you could tell if they were a member or not without actually spelling it out like "cadillac owners.com" Let me know if that would be something you guys would like to do and if so I can work on some custom designs.

·
Registered
2008 CTS (Gold Mist)
26 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm driving on the highway and see another 2008 CTS I cant help but wonder if they are a forum member.
I just wanted to see if anyone has devised a "forum acknowledgement" signal for other CTS owners on the street.
Some sort of beep or other sign that shows mutual respect for the forum and our sense of style.
First step would be to have a separate forum titled WHERE I WILL BE TOMORROW, so everyone can post what country, state, city, direction, highway, etc. they will be traveling on the next day. Oh, color of car, time of day, and number of people in vehicle would help too. Then anyone could plan to driving be in the same place, ready to honk and flash the oncoming member. Alternately, just pull off on the shoulder and wait. Can't miss with this plan, and no expensive sticker needed. Hey, you could even upload mapquest directions to OnStar to assure you're waiting in the right place. :highfive:

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
How about giving the driver of another CTS the middle finger salute. If he returns the favor, he's a forum member or at the very least eligible to sign up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts