Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
CTS DI Fully Loaded, Magnaflow, CAI, F1 Tint, Rosen TVs
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks, bud. I hope it is easy on me. Have fun mowing the lan. I;ll be on the deck watching the landscaperss! LOL!

I love doing work myself, too. Check out my headrests post. Tint is too easy to screw up, and you and I can't purchase 54" wide rolls, let alone Formula One ceramic.

·
Registered
'08 CTS
189 Posts
Anyone have a pic of 35% stable gray all around? I currently have 35% metallic (black crhome) and hate the look and it interferes with the AM reception. So, I am taking it back on the 30th. In order to stay within the bounds fo the law, I have two options: 35% all the way around or 35% in the front and 20% in the rear.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI AWD NAV Radiant Bronze
14 Posts
All,

I do not have my manual on me, but I thought that tint was not recommended for some reason or other , XM, NAV reception, something like that. Does anyone remember that, or is it BS? I wanted to tint mine, but was concerned about the warning. Does any one have any problems when windows were tinted?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
All,

I do not have my manual on me, but I thought that tint was not recommended for some reason or other , XM, NAV reception, something like that. Does anyone remember that, or is it BS? I wanted to tint mine, but was concerned about the warning. Does any one have any problems when windows were tinted?

Thanks.
that is why i got ceramic tint. no interference issues.

·
Registered
656 Posts
"professional" pfffffft.

its not surgery. yes, i've seen crappy tint jobs too. patience & the willingness to rip it off & do it over separate the "pros" from the Joes.
Like I said, you can tell which ones were (not) done professionally. A good one may have been done professionally or not, but a bad one definitely was (not).

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Like I said, you can tell which ones were (not) done professionally. A good one may have been done professionally or not, but a bad one definitely was (not).
Actually, most of the bad tint you see is not a result of the installer, but rather a result of the low quality of the tint used. Low quality tint will bubble, turn purple, peel and generally look bad after a couple of years of outdoor exposure.

Installing tint on a fairly flat window (such as those on the CTS) is not that difficult. You really need an experienced installer when you get a window like the rear window of a Corvette coupe tinted. The massive curves really separate the pros from the joes.

All this, of course, depends on being able to purchase a high quality tint. Per Nick, the Pinnacle ceramic tint is not available to the DIYer.

·
Registered
08 CTS
88 Posts
Hey Nick, I'm waiting on my chrome grill kit; thanks for the info on that! On your tint, do you see 'reflection lines' in your rear windshield where the film is putting a tiny 'hump' over the defroster wires? I got Pinnacle 35 done at FormulaOne and when I look at headlights and streetlights in the rearview, each wire creates a halo that obviously wasn't there before the tint, since the wires themselves don't reflect. I want to make sure there's no way for them to squeegie it down more to stop this, but that'd be a damn hard 'rub' over those wires.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey Nick, I'm waiting on my chrome grill kit; thanks for the info on that! On your tint, do you see 'reflection lines' in your rear windshield where the film is putting a tiny 'hump' over the defroster wires? I got Pinnacle 35 done at FormulaOne and when I look at headlights and streetlights in the rearview, each wire creates a halo that obviously wasn't there before the tint, since the wires themselves don't reflect. I want to make sure there's no way for them to squeegie it down more to stop this, but that'd be a damn hard 'rub' over those wires.
I do see refracted light off of the defroster lines. Unavoidable, though. Defrosters, antennae, and dot matrix are the bane of tint jobs. Mine is as perfect as I have ever seen.

·
Registered
08 CTS
88 Posts
That's good to know. I didn't think they could have done better, but for $419, I wanted to make sure! Thanks for the feedback! Best, John.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Black Raven
341 Posts
looks good Nick!! I have that all around my car.. If the sunroof screen was darker or if the sunroof itself was a darker tint... you would not be able to see thre at all!! u cant see in when dark out lol ....

21 - 31 of 31 Posts