Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Catera
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Catera was rejected for a bad NSS (the new equivalent of), malfunction of a air system that warms the engine faster to get lower emissions sooner, and a non-functioning check engine light. I also had an electrical issue that I was able to get to the bottom of though help from this forum. I got to the bottom of the check engine light and had to replace the instrument panel because of some shady "fix it" work on the p.c. film around the bulb mount.
Here is my current dilemma The battery has been disconnected, deleting the codes. I've changed the shift control switch. I don't remember the other code. I would like to make sure the system is working and make a clean sweep of the problems, before I take it in for testing. Does anybody know what system I'm talking about, where it's found, how to test it, or at least the code. The only things that I remember is that it's some type of air injection, that only runs for about 30 sec. after you start the engine.

Help would be awesome!

Russ

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS 1SG 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
139 Posts
Yes it's the secondary air injection system could be a bad solenoid the check valve, bypass valve or the pump hope this helps the valve solenoid and the bypass valve are as soon as you open the hood the pump is behind the drivers headlight access from under the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts