Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was walking out of the gym today to go home and I saw my car at the far end of the parking lot where I had parked it. I didn't realize until I was about 20 feet from it that it wasn't my car.... it was a FORD FUSION. I can't believe I thought a FORD looked like my CTS. :annoyed: Anyone else ever confuse these two from very far away on the street? I swear that Ford copied the CTS with the Fusion...

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Black Raven
341 Posts
haha happened to me a few times..... Ford Deff copied the cts/sts look.. MY g/f gets them confused all the time..... dont feel bad... happens to the best of us!

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
I think mistaking a Ford for a CTS is WORSE than chrome pillars. :tisk:

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
I say go punish your self by sitting in your car saying you are very sorry for mistaking it for a Ford Fusion because im sure you hurt its feelings very much.:tisk:

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
You shouldnt feel ashamed at all. The Fusion was totally copied from the look of the cts. The fact that they thought enough of the CTS to copy it is pretty impressive. Imitation is the ultimate flattery.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
The Fusion actually got its styling from the Ford 427 concept which debuted at the 2002 Chicago autoshow. So no, it did not steal the CTS's styling.

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
i thought i was going to get a picture with chrome pillars
same here... i was like this better not be about the pillars or 22":stirpot:

I say go punish your self by sitting in your car saying you are very sorry for mistaking it for a Ford Fusion because im sure you hurt its feelings very much.:tisk:
i too sometimes talk to my car:thepan: is something wrong withy me??

Umm..no, I have NEVER confused a Ford Confusion with a CTS.

Perish the thought.
:cursin:
i dont know wat kind of ROIDS he took at the gym but man.... ford and cadillac:eek::alchi::alchi:

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
i thought i was going to get a picture with chrome pillars
lmao, i thought the same thing!

But yea, sometimes driving I see a car comming my way and I think "oh look, an STS"... Get a little closer and then I say "What the HELL was I thinking?!"

·
Registered
Cadillac
57 Posts
Well, I'm a Ford man and I actually considered the AWD Fusion before I bought my CTS. The CTS just seems to have more class than a Fusion though, don't you think? A Fusion is just a regular ol' car even if it's AWD. I get compliments on my CTS all the time. Every time I race it at the drag strip the announcer calls it a 300C. That is an insult, those things are butt ugly.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
The Fusion actually got its styling from the Ford 427 concept which debuted at the 2002 Chicago autoshow. So no, it did not steal the CTS's styling.
Jon:
The 2003 Cadillac CTS actually made its official debut in at the Pebble Beach Auto Show in August of 2001 and was in dealer showrooms in early-mid 2002 as a 2003 model with the now orphaned 3.2 liter Catera/Opel engine.

The 3.6 liter VVT engine borrows its four cam phasing and variable valve timing platform from technology shared/borrowed/bought from the Honda Motor Company.

Whether we like it or not; there is a small heaping of rice in GM's 3.6 global engine platform that is actually bored to 4.0 (sleeve less) and is capable of producing 375 FWHP at the crank with it's newly released direct injection.

Seeing as how the "horsepower wars" have continued to fuel consumer purchasing decisions; the 2009 CTS may very well see a bump in cylinder displacement to 3.8. With direct injection; that would increase the CTS FWHP to approximately 350 as the the current hp rating of the new Infiniti G37 is 330.

I believe that whether it be 2009 or 2010....the direct injection platform will be a standard offering. The 3.6 DI displaces 304 FWHP. I would forsee a 3.8 High Output version as part of a "Sports Package" displacing somewhere around 350 FWHP.

There is also speculation of a two door coupe as well as a convertible in the pipeline.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts