Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
FlyFlip420 said:
Is anyone else pissed off that Ford made a car that looks similar to our beloved CTS? I hate seeing them on the :mad2: road and the commercials!! I know that there is no comparision, but I hate seeing that ugly car!!!:eek:
I wouldn't say pissed-off, but yes there is indeed direct design elements lifted from the CTS on the front end of the Fusion. This only further substantiates that the CTS design is a winner.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
gee ford running out of design ideas and having to steal from others or the past? no way
-=cough=- mustang -=cough=-

but yeah the front end is a big rip off of the cts (the commercials use a wide angled lense that make the car look fatter and lower than it really is)
truly pathetic of ford to do

the sad thind is that this ford isnt even really new, its the european version.

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
To me there's nothing to worry about, I heard from a friend of mine that works at a ford dealership that it's just the new Taurus, has the same time tested blah engine with a new body and name.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
BishopRuger said:
To me there's nothing to worry about, I heard from a friend of mine that works at a ford dealership that is just the new Taurus, has the same time tested blah engine with a new body and name.
It was a disgusting chose by Ford to copy like that!:helpless:

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Isn't it enough already that people sometimes say "Is that a 300?" now they'll be saying "Is that a Fusion?" I can't wait. :brutal:

Granted, these are usually people who have zero interest in cars, but still.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've had a long lasting grudge with ford...I remember when I purchased my new 1998 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport...I was exicited...you can tell the truck was a sport by it's red decal in the back(and the 5.9L), which read "sport" What did ford do? They brought there own version of the the "sport" truck with an identical decal in the same location...I must admit though, it did bring joy, as it brought my kill avg to an all time high!
Ford Owners Recommend Dodge was my motto...
Ford:blasted:

So now it's the Fusion...:hmm:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
on a pretty populated strip around here i was driving along when a young guy pulled up next to me. his woman was in the car (ford fusion) and was checking out me in my cadillac. i think she knew he opted for the cheap way out. i think he got pissed from the glare he gave me, but i had to stomp on it and leave him sitting there listening to my borla sing it's sweet tune. god, i love my car...i guess i just needed to prove that even though it looked similar, no comparison...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
on a pretty populated strip around here i was driving along when a young guy pulled up next to me. his woman was in the car (ford fusion) and was checking out me in my cadillac. i think she knew he opted for the cheap way out. i think he got pissed from the glare he gave me, but i had to stomp on it and leave him sitting there listening to my borla sing it's sweet tune. god, i love my car...i guess i just needed to prove that even though it looked similar, no comparison...
:D I love happy endings!:yup:

·
Registered
2004 CTS (sold), 2014 ATS
453 Posts
Kael said:
the sad thind is that this ford isnt even really new, its the european version.
BishopRuger said:
To me there's nothing to worry about, I heard from a friend of mine that works at a ford dealership that it's just the new Taurus, has the same time tested blah engine with a new body and name.
Both wrong. It's a derivative of the Mazda6 platform (although it does share the Duratec with the old Taurus and other Fords).

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
RobertCTS said:
So? It still sucks! Copy Cats!!:mad:
Its a free country, its still a FORD so who cares??? I don't look at it and think that its a rip off or whatever it basically makes me laugh. It dosne't look that much like a Cadillac.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can you imagine how Jag ,X-Type owners feel about their cheaper cousins (Taurus) that look almost identical from the rear. BTW, the X-Type was my second choice after my CTS. I've owned 4 Taurus' and loved them all. They were cheap, had plenty of power and all of mine seemed decently built.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts