Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow how much more can ford rip off cadillac with thier fusion...it looks completely identical to the STS/ CTS.....wow what a bunch of crap!!!!!

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
The very first time I saw it, I said the shape looked like a CTS. Kat is right though, similarities are going to happen, in style.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville
175 Posts
The front looks like a CTS, but the rear looks like the 1994-1995 Honda Accord. Not a bad looking car but I would never buy one because I don't trust FORD.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Katshot said:
Personally, the big similarity I see is they both have ugly-ass headlights. There's always going to be similarities from time to time. I think it's unavoidable.
Exactly. These aren't even THAT similar...

·
Registered
81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8
230 Posts
I have the same feelings as Caddeville towards Ford. Every company copies another, all of them at one point or another. What kills me is the retro thing, which I like. But Dodge started it with the Prowler and PartTime Cruiser. Then Ford with the Mustangs and GT40. Now years later Chevy with the SSR(which is a joke, should've been as fast as the Lightning), HHR(PT cruiser with uglier front), and now the future Camero. I actually wanted a retro Camero or Chevelle, but in retrospect it would've been better if Chevy would've done the opposite and gone futuristic with it. Tried to be different for a change. :rant2:

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Its funny how you guys bash on Ford for making a car that "looks" like a CTS when all they really have that looks similar is the headlights, but yet you say nothing about Chevy's HHR looking identical to that PT Cruiser:shhh:

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Blackout said:
Its funny how you guys bash on Ford for making a car that "looks" like a CTS when all they really have that looks similar is the headlights, but yet you say nothing about Chevy's HHR looking identical to that PT Cruiser:shhh:
I think the sillouette of the two is what looks more alike than the detail, myself. As I said similarities in design are going to happen.

The HHR is the a ripoff of the marketing idea, but the two vehicles are very different in execution. The HHR is more refined vehicle than the PT Cruiser, and larger, though niether will be mistaken for a RR.

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
The similarities exist between HHR and the PT, but I think the Fusion is much more similar to the CTS. I think the HHR is far uglier than any PT will ever be (and you all know of my undying love for Chrysler) But let's not forget, imitation is the finest form of flattery. It's also one of the easiest way to sell cars.

·
Registered
81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8
230 Posts
Blackout said:
Did you completely miss my post? 2 above yours, I know its kinda long. And the Fusion does have a very similar overall shape.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
Going back doesn't mean its a mistake as I've written in other posts. It seems that most thing go back to establish some kind of identity linked to where it came from. Going up as a kid in the early ages to me its a good thing to see a mustange modeled back to the old days. As far as you futuristic sorts show me a futuristic car thats not corny looking that doesn't take ideas from the past. Blue jeans are blue jeans no matter how futuristic you make them.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
and no one gets upset that the Buick Lucerne looks like a VW Phaeton in its side profile and its rear end? I love Cadillac like everyone else on this forum, but some of you have a ''holier-than-thou'' attitude about things. Stop worrying so much...you might live longer.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
I haven't taken a seat in the Ford Fusion yet. I will.. But from what I see, it's going to put up a GREAT fight against the Honda Accord.. I do believe the stronger interior goes to the Accord - but the exterior, to me, goes to the Fusion. One place where Ford really fell short is with performance.. 0-60 is about 1.5 seconds off. The Accord can keep up with Cadillacs (and beat some of them) and the Fusion's V6 is hitting 60 at around 8 seconds..

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
You're not talking base model Accord. The V6 will run down a Deville or maybe one of the newer V6 cars but that's about it. The I4 Accord... just blech.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i've seen Kia disgrace Luxus and Jaguar, so lets be happy that a respectable company copied cadi, on the plus note: fords aren't that bad, my pops has two 2 ford trucks 87'/89' and they both have exceeded 300,000 miles,

1 - 20 of 50 Posts