Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few other threads on here about people asking how to disable the seat belt chime, and getting blasted for not wearing a seatbelt. Let me reinforce that this is for the TRACK ONLY when I am running an aftermarket Schroth 4 point harness.

What can I do to disable the chime, without changing around the way the vehicle responds in the event of a collision? I know if the vehicle senses that the seatbelt is not engaged, the airbags will deploy differently. Does anyone just buy a buckle to put into the slot when on track so they dont have the car dinging for the entire session? I'd like some input. Thanks,

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
The chime comes through the audio system, so how about a switch that cuts power to the amp? I assume you are not using the radio while racing.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
53 Posts
I have seen a few other threads on here about people asking how to disable the seat belt chime, and getting blasted for not wearing a seatbelt. Let me reinforce that this is for the TRACK ONLY when I am running an aftermarket Schroth 4 point harness.

What can I do to disable the chime, without changing around the way the vehicle responds in the event of a collision? I know if the vehicle senses that the seatbelt is not engaged, the airbags will deploy differently. Does anyone just buy a buckle to put into the slot when on track so they dont have the car dinging for the entire session? I'd like some input. Thanks,
Just run the stock belt around the back of the seat and plug it in. Or pull the stock belt over your 4-pt.

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
Smbstyle do you have part numbers for your harness? How are you mounting them? Any pics? Thanks

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
469 Posts
I run my stock OEM belt UNDER my Simpsons 5 pt harness when Im at the track...
I use the harness for keeping me planted in my seat..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts