Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I know you mentioned this in another thread. But I don't remember what broke. The real question would be what was the cause.

Hope the end result makes up for the sore wallet.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's mine. I've been noticing a bearing noise for about a year now (ever since I missed a shift into 5th gear on the track and over revved it when the oil was at 269°F) about a week ago I started it up and it sounded a little different. I drove about 1/4 mile and it was knocking like nobody's business. I tore the heads off and those pictures are what I found. It seems that a main bearing or a couple rod bearings went under the #3 and #4 pistons (those are the pics that have intake valve marks on them). #1, #2, #5 & #6 have very slight valve marks also. I noticed the #7 piston is broken also. It seems to me that I have a couple issues that manifested at the same time. I'm not worried though, I have always planned on installing a forged 402 stroker kit as soon as I had to crack open the bottom end for any reason. I've had one priced out for quite some time. Well......now I have my reason. Yay! I'm going to replace my cam with a 242/250 .614/.614 114+3 and replace my P&P heads also.

I'll have the motor pulled out and the bottom end stripped out within about 2 weeks. I'll know much better as to what happened at that point. Anyone want to buy a 2002 Harley Davidson Fatboy? That's gotta go in order to pay for the parts and machine work.

Tony - The end result will be over 500 rwHp and over 500 rwTQ. It's well worth the approx. $4000 total that it's going to cost me.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
$4000 is not bad at all. Glad that you were prepared.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,965 Posts
Brian, Miss Maggie won't be able to adequately feed that new beast. What's to become of her?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to offend any of you with Maggies, but I prefer to use them as the last resort to more power. My car has always been naturally aspirated. After I'm done with this, the last thing besides upgrading the differential and transmission is to install a TVS2300.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,032 Posts
I actually have been wondering about that ever since reading about these cars. Maybe it's the limited underhood access, but you should never really have to resort to F/I on any Gen III or Gen IV V8.

·
Registered
06' cts-v infrared
243 Posts
The pictures are all to familiar.:helpless: All I can tell you is that you will enjoy the s*** out of the new motor. Instead of selling the bike why don't sell the maggie and your old parts for some cash? There are a lot of guys and gals looking for the used maggie. What kind of compression are you planning on running with which heads?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have a Maggie. My setup has always been naturally aspirated with roughly 440 rwHp and 425 rwTQ. I plan on staying right at 11.0:1 compression Patriot Performance stock casting heads that have 64cc chambers and larger valves (flow at 0.600 is 320 cfm intaka and 235 cfm exhaust). The compression will be taken care of by the piston choice and relief size.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I don't have a Maggie. My setup has always been naturally aspirated with roughly 440 rwHp and 425 rwTQ. I plan on staying right at 11.0:1 compression Patriot Performance stock casting heads that have 64cc chambers and larger valves (flow at 0.600 is 320 cfm intaka and 235 cfm exhaust). The compression will be taken care of by the piston choice and relief size.
I guess 11.0:1 is OK with a good old Maggie, but if you ever decide to upgrade to a TVS, you might wish you went with a lower compression. :tisk:

J/K had to throw that in. :histeric:I have no clue where everyone got the Maggie idea from lol

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,965 Posts
I guess 11.0:1 is OK with a good old Maggie, but if you ever decide to upgrade to a TVS, you might wish you went with a lower compression. :tisk:

J/K had to throw that in. :histeric:I have no clue where everyone got the Maggie idea from lol
Geez! :duh: I didn't think you were FI'd. I think I looked and saw it on Tony's sig.

Yup, dang old age. There. I said what Tony was thinking. :mad2:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I honestly don't think I'll ever supercharge the V. 500 rwHp and 500rwTQ will be just about right, before any major mods need done to the rear end or possibly the transmission. I may widen my rear wheels and get some different trailing arms to allow for some wider rubber in a feable attempt to get some traction.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your motor problems, but I know you will come back with a bigger, badder CTS-V when it's all done!

Good Luck, and please document your build for all of us guys who have to live vicariously through others when it comes to major power mods.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
the last thing besides upgrading the differential and transmission is to install a TVS2300.
I'll be very interested in that... that's my longshot dream to do to my car.... document it for poor souls like me... so that one day I too can live in your shoes :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts