Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you found to be the biggest possible tire size that will fit?

I am currently running 225/45/18, but would like a little more sidewall. Is anyone running a 225/50/18? Will it fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
I'm running a 225 50 18 it came as standard equipment on the Sport Appearance Package

·
Registered
CTS
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One Response? Damn, everyones got chrome 22's! MJD, how do you like those Potenzas? Those were the tires recommended to me, but the reviews all stink. I'm in rainy Florida, and its apparently not a great wet tire?!?!

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
This is my 4th set of Potenzas I've owned. Three of those sets were on my IS 300 and after 20K they were shot. This set on the CTS is actually weraring very well. I've got almost 19K and they are holding up really well and wearing perfectly even. They are very good in heavy rain, I grew up between Buffalo & Rochester and I'm not afraid of driving in bad weather, so to me Florida's rains are a breeze with the Potenzas. However, I've developed a good relationship with Yokohama Avids. They score an easy 35K miles on the Lexus. Just bought the second set. When the Potenzas go away I'm looking at Yokohama YK520s in a 245 45 18 which give me the proper ratio without screwing up my speedo unless Yoko comes up with a 50 series which gives a really nice ride and performs really well.

See this nice little tool:
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

My IS 300 with Potenzas with the optional Sport Design wheel, you can see I like this wheel style...

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
I am running up front 245/45/18 and in the rear 255/45/18 on Vauss MC2 forged one piece rims with a 42mm offset.

In addition; my suspension is modified with Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, Eibach front and rear sway bars and FE4 Sachs Nivomat front struts and Nivomat rear shocks.

I did install the WildWheel lowering kits to modify the rear FE4 shocks to level the vehicle and get rid of that "California Rake".

I've had no rubbing issues at all and the overall suspension tuning and 14" big brake package that I am running has translated into an incredible handling CTS.

Although I consider myself to be a proficient if not advanced "driver" on a good day; I still would not be able to drive and push this car to it's suspension and handling limits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts