Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
96 FWB
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the bump. I don't have one of them, but it helps fill in the blanks of what I've been piecing together for what's involved in the fix for those

· Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
8,349 Posts
Alot of labor doing those. I've helped do 2 or 3 and it was a long project. Labor is what kills you at the shop.
That was a nice condition vehicle without rust issues either, that adds a great deal of time and energy.
Thanks for posting the link was a pretty good down to nitty gritty video but definitely for a more experienced mechanic.

· Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
8,349 Posts
Yep easy enough to be a tooth off somewhere. Usually takes me a few tries to get it perfect. Some vehicles easy enough to turn engine over required amount of times and check everything again, Ford 4.6 is not one of those as it takes some insane amount of rotations to line up all the dots again. Set it and go all you can do then.

· Registered
2016 SRX Premium- Black on Black
150 Posts
20-30 years ago I would’ve likely tackled this job myself because of labor cost involved.
But due to hard work and good decisions I can now afford to pay somebody who really knows what they’re doing to get the job done.

Interesting video.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts