Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 SLS with analog IP. The owners manual says to press the information button until the oil life counter shows up. Then to press and hold the reset button until oil life reads 100%. I cannot make the display change to show the counter. I have an Airbag code 'R024' that I haven't figured out yet, I started with 36 codes, and I am wondering if that could be why it won't change. When I first turn the key on,I get the 'Change Engine Oil' and the 'Airbag System Service Soon' in the display. With the engine running or not, as soon as I hit the Information button,it clears the 'Change Engine Oil' information and leaves the Airbag message.I have held the information button long enough to drink a beer with the engine running and with it off!'HICK' :alchi: with no changes. Cycling the ignition only resets the 'Change Engine Oil' until I press the information button. Is the IP goofed or am I doing something wrong or looking at the wrong thing?
Oh, and MOST of the codes were from a used car Stealer pulling the bulbs in the IP display for the Airbag,SIR, and Check engine lights. Go figure...
The dash is still missing the Oil, Temp,and Batt bulbs but from studying, only the Canadian and export models had those bulbs installed. Correct? Or do I need to replace them on this model?:hmm: :)
Sorry for the Biography, but I wanted to make it clear what's happening here.
Thanks for any help!!:)

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
Keep pressing the info button. I think each time you press it it will toggle to the next item (voltage, MPG etc.) till you get to oil life remaining. Now press and hold the reset button.

You should have oil, temp & batt bulbs. Perhaps someone pulled them to hide a problem.

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, come to think of it, I can't cycle through the different information selections.I only see the Airbag fault and the oil change message. Any thoughts?

BTW - I replaced the PCM due to a P056 code and the oil level sensor for the 'check engine oil' message. All diagnostic modes through the temp control are fine with no IPC codes.

·
Registered
1995 Sedan Deville Spring Edition
268 Posts
Maybe an IPC malfunction - even if the IPC to PCM or BCM connection is lost, the tags for items that normally show up in the info center display will still be there, the reading will just be dashed out (i.e. ---- MPG or, ---' ENGINE TEMP for example).

Maybe the air bag fault is causing the IPC to go into some kind of lockout mode that only lets you see the air bag message (hoping that it will force you to take corrective action perhaps?).

This is a strange one.

KDirk

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Well, did you try pressing info reset button ? If not just do it and you will have to press INFO button in center of the dash after pressing info reset button to see oil life monitor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts