Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if the later U.S. CTS-Vs have 4 yr. maintenance included (oil changes as well), but Canadian V drivers have had this from at least 2009 forward.
I received a call from my dealer this week to ask about any updates to my file and instructed her to delete the '99 STS and add the '07 SRX... and then got into a discussion about oil change intervals on the V. Long story short, she told me that I was entitled to 8 free oil changes on the V - and if I wanted, I could have them done on 8 consecutive days! This was news to me since I had been told (over the phone, by someone else at the same dealer) not to bother bringing the car in for a free oil change unless the oil life monitor was showing less than 20% because they wouldn't do it. So on that basis, because I don't put a whole lot of KMs on the car, I've been doing my own oil changes using the AC Delco filter and Mobil 1 when the monitor shows 55-60 % left, not resetting the monitor and then bringing it in for the free changes when it shows around 10-15% left, letting the dealer reset the monitor.
So the free oil change deal expires after the original 4 yr. warranty is up - no matter if you've used all 8 or have left a couple on the table... looks like I'll be getting 4 oil changes this year!
In case there are others who were not aware of this, I thought I'd post up in order to make sure that everybody gets all the oil changes they're entitled to, c/o GM.

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
'13 V
379 Posts
All cadillacs in the US now have premium care maintenance- not sure in which model year it started. I would think this is applicable here too. I too had been told the oil life index had to be less than 20%. Perhaps you should change the title of the thread?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
76 Posts
The first time 8 took my car in for the FREE oil change and service, they were going to charge me as I had only put on 3000kms.

After a quick discussion with the service manager, they agreed that for a car that sits in a garage for the 4 months of winter was not the best thing for the oil as it will get condensation in it so they change it every spring. Also it would take me a year and a half with the amount of driving I do with my Voupe to get down to the 20% level.

:)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just moved my '09 sedan from Toronto to Florida, do I not get free oil changes anymore?
I don't believe GM (USA) will do that on a Canadian car... but maybe you can convince a friend or relative to pay for your oil changes down there! :hmm:

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
39 Posts
garfin said:
I don't believe GM (USA) will do that on a Canadian car... but maybe you can convince a friend or relative to pay for your oil changes down there! :hmm:

Best regards,

Elie
Hmm, indeed. GM will honor my warranty in the US but not an oil change. What was I thinking?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, indeed. GM will honor my warranty in the US but not an oil change. What was I thinking?
I could be wrong, but I don't believe the free oil changes were included on U.S 2009 CTS-Vs. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if GM USA differentiated between warranty work and scheduled maintenance. In any event, a quick call to the dealer or zone office would most likely answer your question definitively.

Best regards,

Elie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts