Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
I know with all you guys buying the new model year your not going to be able to hold off for long on doing the basic mods (intake, exhaust,... ya know).

We enjoyed working with you guys on the FREE Tune project (if you remember about 2 months back or so) so we decided to throw this out there for you!

If you are interested in getting some group discounts on things some/you all need we are willing to work with you (as you know you get a forum discount right off the bat) This is just an offer for you guys to try and save some cash on the mods that you are lookin for if you want to do some business with us. If you let us know what a group or 1-2 or whatever the number be are looking for, we can get you a price (Obviously the more in the group the cheaper).

So... If you want to turn this thread into a "I'm Looking For A .........." we can see where the interest and number of people are.

If you haven't taken a look at our website yet, heres a link http://www.big3performance.com/home.asp?id=1
Take a look at the Featured Projects link to see the kind of work we do, or the online catalog. (Note: Prices in the online catalog are not what you will recieve and there are many more products than are listed)

Thanks for your time, hope we can help you out savin some cash,

Anthony Stephenson
Big 3 Performance Sales Manager
262-542-2443

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
I would imagine most will do 19 or 20 inch rims with tires and tire sensors installed.. With a core charge? although early owners will probably just opt for the high polished 18's that come stock...

The usual air filter mod that offers 10 extra ponies will probably be popular..

Some may go for the exhaust.

I imagine the V series type grill if its a bolt on will be popular.

At the very beginning I tend to think I would like to keep the car stock.. and just enjoy the car as it was designed. (of course I say that with every car even my Z06! ) :lol:

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
performance mods:

CAI
Exhaust
Turbo/Compressor?
Headers
Cams
Chip-tuning

suspension mods

Cosmetics:

grille
spoiler
skirts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
David, I hope youre not confusing Big3 with powerchip or D3!! If so, please remove that post ASAP. If not, please site an example.

Big3 has always been able to deliver and their quality, price, and customer service is unparelled by any other mod company!

Rest assured, Big3 is the way to go!

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Nick

Hey! good to here from you.

Big 3, posted in my game plan thread ( Game Plan ), saying that most of the standard mods were carry over from the previous generation. WRONG!

Ive been working closely with all of the aftermarket accessory companies. For example Magnaflow, Eibach, Volant. I flat out said if they could produce the parts I would buy from them? Needless to say they never responded....Why? there were no carry over parts....

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I think that was probably just a misunderstanding. Big3 really is a fantastic company.

While D3 and Powerchip were f'n around on a tune for us, Big3 delivered and even tested it on my car for free and showed substantial gains.

Not only that but, their quality and customer service is unparalelled. I have never had a better experience with a car parts company, period. Whats even more impressive is that they were doing it FOR FREE.

Clear out your PMs damnit!! Also, you should become a supporter again David! HEHEHEHE

Nick

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Let's get the panel air filter thing figured out first, then the CAI for those that prefer that style. Tune and exhaust next!

Fairly certain the car can already be tuned!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
is that a fact? the DI might be completely differently programmed...

In theory the ECU should be the same unit. If it is programmed differently thats really not a problem as long as it is still the same bosch unit that is used on the first gen 3.6

I dont know for sure though!!

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
In theory the ECU should be the same unit. If it is programmed differently thats really not a problem as long as it is still the same bosch unit that is used on the first gen 3.6

I dont know for sure though!!
Hey Big Nick;

The 2008 CTS with either the 3.6 SFI or 3.6 DI both use the very same Bosch 32 bit Motronic ECU that is in all of the 2004-2007 3.6 CTS's.

So with that said; the HP Tuners software is compatible for any of the AFR/MAP tuning that would be associated with wringing out some more low end torque and HP that is left on the table from the factory tune.

Happy holiday big guy! - Pete

PS: Tony at Big 3 knows how to treat people right. I'm working with Tony now on a special project and as you know from your own recent experience; they treat people well and they earn their business with great service.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Hey Big Nick;

The 2008 CTS with either the 3.6 SFI or 3.6 DI both use the very same Bosch 32 bit Motronic ECU that is in all of the 2004-2007 3.6 CTS's.

So with that said; the HP Tuners software is compatible for any of the AFR/MAP tuning that would be associated with wringing out some more low end torque and HP that is left on the table from the factory tune.

Happy holiday big guy! - Pete

PS: Tony at Big 3 knows how to treat people right. I'm working with Tony now on a special project and as you know from your own recent experience; they treat people well and they earn their business with great service.

Thats awesome! Cant wait to see what youre working on!

Heres how good they are-
If I put anymore performance stuff on my CTS, I am driving 5 hours to Waukesha to have Big 3 do it. I have a mechanic in town that can make miracles happen but Big 3 is the best performance company I have ever dealt with. Im hoping to not be poor soon and have the money to make my CTS faster! Im not porr but you get the picture! LOL!

Happy holidays to you as well Pete!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts