Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next question is about the foot brake pedal. My wife pushed it on but couild not figure out how to release it. She made it to a garage where the attendant told her the brake should release automatically when put in gear and that it may be low on fluid ? I dont know how he did so but he manually released it from under the dash, is anyone familiar this process if so please advise me what I should do to check and repair same to get it working. Thank You for any response to this request. (Tompro)

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
There's a manual release above the pedal. It shouldn't be hard to find, just make sure your hands are out of the way of the pedal when it releases. It should release automatically when its shifted into drive or reverse, or when shifted out of park though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
davesdeville said:
There's a manual release above the pedal. It shouldn't be hard to find, just make sure your hands are out of the way of the pedal when it releases. It should release automatically when its shifted into drive or reverse, or when shifted out of park though.
Thank you for the info Dave, this is the first Caddy we ever owned and I am quite unfamiliar with its so many options and how they work. I will give this a close look so that I may be able to release the brake if it is accidently engaged until I can learn exactly how it works. This site has been the most helpful, I thank all who have responded to my questions and would just like all to know I am very appreciative and I hope I may be able to assist someone in the future as I learn about things.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I Would Praise Your Wife For Using The Park Brake. Thats A Good Habit To Have. I've Never Let A Car Rest On The Parking Pin In The Transmission. Sometimes Hard To Move The Shifter To Reverse Or Even Turn The Key In The Switch, If The Parking Brake Isn't Set. Also Mid Eightys Cads Will Not Adjust The Parking Brake Automatically With Rear Disc Brakes Unless The Parking Brake Is Used All The Time. Could Cause Rear Caliper Replacement Because Of Siezed Pistons And No Rear Brake Function. Could Become A Safety Issue In A Panic Stop!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
carnut