Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 cts, 2000 catera
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2000 Catera that I think by reading these posts that the stereo is over heating. Some folks have been sugesting aftermarket systems. Now bear in mind i'm 52 years old and grew up in the time of 8tracks lol. So I think a stock Bose system sounds great. If you put aftermarket stereos in you car you are inviting thugs to rip it out. So you better invest in a good alarm also if not already equiped with 1. I'm posting this because I noticed my neighbors car this morning with the window smashed out and the trunk pryed open, big hole in the dash with wires everywhere. My Catera and Seville are parked right across the street not 20 feet away and were untouched. If you shuck out good money for aftermarket stereos you should spend good money to protect it.

·
Registered
'97 Seville STS
162 Posts
^^^

Another option is to make an aftermarket system stealth. (That's what I'm doing; details in the "post your pics" thread in this section).

Keep the stock head-unit (radio), and use and an aftermarket processor like the 3sixty. Put new speakers in same locations as stock speakes, with OEM grill. Etc.

I think it is reasonable to say that objectively speaking, an aftermarket system can almost always sound-wise crush an OEM set-up. Where opinion enters is the value assigned to what is typically a drastic improvement in sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts