Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Do late model Eldorados have fold down rear seats? I know the Devilles do, but wasn't sure about the Eldorado. I drove a '98 today, and wasn't sure if it did, as I didn't spend much time in the back seat.

-Jon

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I assume the pass through is behind the armrest?

Does the STS have folding seats? I ask because I'm looking at getting a Caddy within the next few months and I have to haul a keyboard around, so fold down seats are needed. I'm not that overly fond of the Deville, I prefer something sportier. I loved the ETC, it handles nice on the highway, feels tight, and has good power. Would the STS handle as well as the ETC?

-Jon

·
Registered
161 Posts
Seville - no fold
Eldo - no fold
Deville - no fold (where did you see this?)
Catera - I think these fold (can't remember)
Escalade - yup

Pass-throughs are in arm rest cubby.

Seville SLS will perform just like an Eldorado or ESC. Seville STS will perform like an Eldorado ETC.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops, guess I'm mistaken about the Deville. Looks like no Caddies for me. Shame really. Unless I get one as a second car, but then I can't get as nice of one as I wanted.

-Jon

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys!
Unfortunately this keyboard's a beast. It's about 58 inches wide! Big sucker. Korg Triton Pro X 88 weighted key behemoth. Plus a stand, seat, etc.

I've actually thought of a second plan. I could trade in my current daily driver (Mercury Sable) which I've been using to haul stuff, and buy an ETC for the good driving, and an old 80's Saab 900 for hauling. They're not very expensive, and have a huge cargo area with fold down seats.

The only catch is I'd be on a tight budget to get a nice ETC and a Saab together. But it would allow me to have the Cad I like most, and never have to get it messy!

-Jon

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
^^Good plan.

There are no folding seats because there are a lot of computers mounted on the inside of the trunk right behind the seat.

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
878 Posts
Have you considered a small enclosed trailer?

No Saab needed, and you'll still have an ETC for cruising.

A hitch and trailer would set you back a bit less than a second vehicle. I suspect the trailer maintenance would be less than another vehicle, especially if that second one is a Saab ($$$$ for repairs).

My mind's eye is imagining the paint job on that trailer right now. Never mind. ):

Regards,
Warren

1 - 10 of 10 Posts