Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DI FE3
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one option I really wanted but didn't want to buy the whole package to get was fold down rear seats. Does anyone know if this is something I can retrofit?

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS, 1981 Seville Elegante
23 Posts
According to my dealer, this can be done, they did it for another customer. They had to order a new upper assembly for the rear seat and in the end, I think it was only $500 cheaper than if they had just ordered the option package originally.

Cheers!

Alfred
2008 CTS
1981 Seville Elegante

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI RWD
9 Posts
I just installed BlueStar in place of OnStar & had to remove the rear seat to access the space under the rear window. The bottom rear seat can be pulled out by 1st pulling rear by seat belts & then by front. That will allow you to see the 4 bolts holding the bottom of the seat back. There are also 4 nuts to be removed from the trunk to release the top of the seat back. Can be done in 1/2 hour or less if you know how to get the seat bottom out (the correct angles...). It should be an easy change, as I would think not a total change of car.

Hope that helps. You can also search for the BlueStar as there are some photos for those of us who need to add BlueTooth to our rides.

·
Registered
2008 DI FE3
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just installed BlueStar in place of OnStar & had to remove the rear seat to access the space under the rear window. The bottom rear seat can be pulled out by 1st pulling rear by seat belts & then by front. That will allow you to see the 4 bolts holding the bottom of the seat back. There are also 4 nuts to be removed from the trunk to release the top of the seat back. Can be done in 1/2 hour or less if you know how to get the seat bottom out (the correct angles...). It should be an easy change, as I would think not a total change of car.

Hope that helps. You can also search for the BlueStar as there are some photos for those of us who need to add BlueTooth to our rides.
Thanks.

I figured it wasn't too difficult to take out, but I'm sure I'll need the new top assembly for it to work. Wonder what the chances there is a wrecked CTS out there with this option and black interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts