Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 2007 STS
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me for asking the answer might b staring me right in my face, but i cant seem to find a way to replace the foglights on a 2000 STS. There seems to be no way to get to the bulbs. If i have to remove the plastic shield underneath the car i just want use them. Strangely all of that stuff is intact unlike the 97 that i had.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,133 Posts
Go to GMPartsDirect or another of the recommended online OEM parts dealers and pick up a couple of packs (10 each) of the plastric "rivets" for the air deflector. Put the car up on jackstands. Pull the "rivets", including the ones in the front of the fenderwells, and BINGO !, fog light bulb access. Might as well change both, clean all the rocks and bugs out, snoop around with a good droplight, and button it all up. If you're paranoid over rattles, make some 1- 1/2" foam discs from sticky pipe insulation tape and place them between the air deflector and the body metal. (Fog lights are supposed to illuminate a diffuse spot on the ground about 15' in front of the car, no more.......)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts