Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I First Start My Car Up When It Is Warm, The Inside Windows Fog Up And I Have To Turn The Ac On To Get It Unfogged, Thats When It Is Hotter Out, When It Is Colder Out I Have To Put The Heat On To Get The Unfogged, Only When I First Start It Up On The First Acceleration, What Culd This Be?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
First, leave the climate system on. Find a temperature thats comfortable and leave it alone all year. This is because the a/c compressor stays on and speeds up defogging when the humidity in high, drys the air!. when you need defogging simply push the defog button then swith back to auto when its clear. Second, ck the drain for the climate control, hose could be kinked or partially plugged, Most climate control systems will momentarily put two spots of fog on the windshield upon restart and it will be worse if the driver shuts off the system when he shuts off the car. Let the system work as it was designed. To be left on all the time. The water that normally drains from the dash in the summer is humidity turned into water and if the drain is not clear, that water remains in the heater box making defogging much slower in the winter.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Foggy windows is a classic indication of a leaky heater core.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figured it was a heater core, beasue if i idle for like 5 mins or more with the heat on 90 and on econ it will start blowing out ac, and i just leave the temp on 60 and i dont use auto or anything and it still fogs no mattr what then i have to turn it on auto to unfog it

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
A heater core would have a fishy odor and be hard to clear the glass. Simply turning on auto would make it worse long before it would clear up. Try what I pointed out for a week and see if its better. Also if it was a heater core, you would be adding coolant often.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i just pull the drain cock off the radiator and flush it will that be flushing the motor and the heater core also? or is it just flushing the raidator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts