Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2003 escalade and my fog lights don't come on when I push the fog light button I went to replace the bulbs but when I got under the front end I saw that they are oem hid lights any help would be great thank you for you help

·
Registered
2007 Escalade Base Black
248 Posts
be careful...mine weren't working when I bought my truck. I replaced one of the aftermarket hid fogs and whoever installed it, must've wired it into
something they shouldn't have- when I turn them on my truck went into limp mode. turned them off, and restarted truck...this happened 2x and never again since I haven't used the fog lights. Eventually, I will have to retrace the wiring of the ballasts.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
djais1801 said:
be careful...mine weren't working when I bought my truck. I replaced one of the aftermarket hid fogs and whoever installed it, must've wired it into something they shouldn't have- when I turn them on my truck went into limp mode. turned them off, and restarted truck...this happened 2x and never again since I haven't used the fog lights. Eventually, I will have to retrace the wiring of the ballasts.
Disconnect them and see if t does the same
I had that issue with a cheap kit I got before and the truck went nuts and stuff would shut down after I would hit the button for the fog lights
Why you ask?
It was because one of the ballasts was shorting to the body on the high voltage side(YIKES!)
Since I got a kensun brand kit I haven't had a issue with them

·
Registered
2007 Escalade Base Black
248 Posts
Disconnect them and see if t does the same
I had that issue with a cheap kit I got before and the truck went nuts and stuff would shut down after I would hit the button for the fog lights
Why you ask?
It was because one of the ballasts was shorting to the body on the high voltage side(YIKES!)
Since I got a kensun brand kit I haven't had a issue with them
So the actual wiring could be okay...just the shitty ballasts arcing bad?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts