Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SRX 3.6L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever modded their CTS to make the fogs stay on with the highs? Is it possible? Reasonable job or royal pain in the azz?

I have HID fogs and would like my fogs to stay on with my highs, but if it's too much of a big deal, I can live with it.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
It's possible. But there is one big problem....

Men and women in blue... Yep that's right, it's illegal in all states to have fog and high beams on at the same time. However, low and high at the same time is legal. Same with low and fog.

KOT

·
Registered
2006 SRX 3.6L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know the laws. 4 lights max on the front of a vehicle...yadda yadda. I'm not concerned about that at all. I'm not going to run all 6 lights on all the time while I'm driving through town. But for the times I'm out in the middle of nowhere on a dark country road, I'd like them to stay on when I hit my highs or when I'm using flash-to-pass.

But, since I wasn't asking for legal advice, I ask again, is it a reasonable job or a royal pain? What's involved?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
From the looks of it, all it will take is one piece of wire that is about 12 inches long. The relays for the high, low and fog lights are under the hood. Just look for the high and fog. I would personally would grab the output terminal of the fog light to re-energize the high beam relay. That is if the computer puts out a positive output to energize the relay.

If the computer puts out a ground instead of a positive, then I would buy another relay, common 12volt from a radio install shop would be fine. Hook that up to the fog light output side of the relay. Connect 85 to ground, 86 to the fog light out put. Then 30 to high beam output which will by pass the factory's relay. 87 you should put a 20amp fuse, or whatever the high beams currently use for a fuse and connect that to power.

KOT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts