Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 DTS Performance
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my passenger fog light wasn't being held in place very good and was allowing water to get inside. I see that there is this bracket attached to the fog light that doesn't have any bolt or anything to attach to it.

Does anyone know what that top piece is suppose to mount too? I don't see anything that it goes too.

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
I noticed that my passenger fog light wasn't being held in place very good and was allowing water to get inside. I see that there is this bracket attached to the fog light that doesn't have any bolt or anything to attach to it.

Does anyone know what that top piece is suppose to mount too? I don't see anything that it goes too.

If you have condensation in it you have a slight crack usually in the top black part by the 7mm screw area.

There is 2- 7mm screws.

You can take it out with just turning you're wheel and removing the wheel well clips. That way you can leave the car on the ground while you find the source of the leak. Fill it with water and move the plastic gently till you find the leak, mine was an hair line mm cut.

You will have to take off the wheel to put it back in believe me you can get it out barely with the wheel on but not back in.:confused:

·
Registered
06 DTS Performance
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm so there is 2 screws that hold it on? Is a screw suppose to go in that top bracket? I feel like i am missing something for it to bolt on too to hold it in place.

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
I can't remember but, if there is something in the top larger hole it might be a push pin?

The 7mm screw that is very hard to get to is the one in the front bumper grill fins. I would not over tighten it when putting it back in because just back of it to the left is where my hair line slit was and I believe it was there from production. It took me about 1/2 hour filling and draining and slightly twisting before I found it and I was just about to give up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts