Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i was just wondering the other day my 99 SLS would be much more attractive with fog lights...
is there any way if i found some STS fog lamp/bumer assembly to easily put it on my SLS? i suppose i would have to mess with the wiring. the assembly i'm imagining would go on quite smoothly? could i just wire the lamps to the battery directly and mount a switch inconspicously on the inside? or would there be some way to do it so it would be integrated with the headlights?
thanks for any help,
SAM

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
First, you don't need an entire bumper. Just the lower grille, which has the holes, for the fog lights. Check in the area, the fog light plugs may already be there. If they are there, you should only need the lights, and a factory light switch, with the fog light button.

Don

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think the fog lamp plugs are in my car... i didnt see them, but then again i was just looking through the lower grille. could they be tucked away behind the headlights or something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
extra wires are often zip tied up in place. the factory fog lights on my 2000 jeep cherokee were zip tied up. last time i was messing with my 02 SLS, i thought i saw some extra wiring in there.

·
Registered
753 Posts
The bumper cover is different, I would go with a good quality aftermarket lamp and cut out the lower grills on your own bumper. They come with great harnesses and will last for years.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The bumper covers are the same. The difference is the lower grille. You can purchase just that part, costs about $85.00. The part number is 25653077. If you buy a new bumper cover, it may not even come with the lower grille.

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Dadillac