Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sts-s 3.6L V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 "known fob's #1 and #4. I'm trying to get the #4 fob into the #2 spot to use the remote
Start and the saved seat positions. I've read several of the other threads on this and they all
Refer to the owners manual. The only problem is that the only message that comes up when I
Put the #4 fob in the "fob pocket "is remembered fob #4. No matter what I try I can't clear the
Fob's and re - program them to #1 and #2. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,440 Posts
What year is your STS ? Please update your profile.

I know that, for the earlier cars anyway (Seville, Deville), fob programming was a dealer function.

·
Registered
2005 STS V6, Pearl White
37 Posts
I am one of the recent one trying to reprogram the FOBs. If you will follow the instructions with the key and FOBs it does work. You have to start from scratch.

I reprogramed 3.

Thanks to every bodies help.

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
You will need to do the full erase and reprogram IF you have a 05 and later car. As mentioned by Submariner the earlier cars required the dealer. Also worth note as I do not see a location for you is that Canadian cars also require the dealer to do reprogramming due to Canadian regulations

The method in the manual is only for adding extra fobs, not reprogramming existing slots.

If you have the 05 and later you will need to use Method 3 in the sticky. PLEASE NOTE: The sticky mentions having a fob in the car, but from what people have told me for full clearing and reprogramming you cannot have any fobs anywhere near the vehicle, otherwise it will default to Method 1 of adding.

·
Registered
2008 Sts-s 3.6L V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what you're saying is leave both fob's in the house, use the metal key, turn the driver's side lock 5 times rapidly and
Wait for a message to appear on the DIC?

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
That is pretty much how it has been explained and I have seen in the threads on here yeah.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Practically speaking, as long as the fobs are out of passive sensing range (probably around 20 feet) the procedure works.

Shortly after my 2006 became the second STS in our garage (January 09?) I wondered if the matching procedure registered a given fob to a particular car, changed the fob to link it to the car, or changed both the fob and the car. I figured if it was the former, maybe my wife & I could enjoy 4 fobs that worked with both cars.

It didn't work. The procedure changes both the fobs and the car. Surprisingly, if ANY of the fobs that have EVER been matched to the car are within range, the matching procedure reverts to #1 - the simple Adding a Fob!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts