Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This may be off topic, but we are "car guys" right? Anyway, I just placed an order from a Dodge Dealer Friend of mine....(I'm at the top of the list for the car). It is a 2008 Dodge Challenger. Initially it will come in three colors.....orange, blue and lime green. I'm getting the blue one. I've always like that 1970's "look"......Mine will come with the 5 speed auto trans, and of course the 6.1 liter hemi. Either 425 HP or 450.....dealer is not sure. I love my CTS-V, and will miss the luxury of it, but I'm kinda' a gearhead and think the Challenger is 'way kool. I'll be on here for at least 6 - 9 months. I love this forum....it's the best! ! !

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Good luck with your new ride. Saw an '08 Viper on E-bay fetching $55K over sticker and auction still has two days remaining. Be prepared to pay over sticker if you want to be in the front of the line.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
thats gonna be the fun car... just gotta teach the S/O how to drive stick so she can use the "family car" so i don't have to sell it when its baby seat time

THIS IS IN THE FUTURE ... i KNOW RT's GONNA READ THIS AND INFER SOMETHING!!!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Congrats, saw the new Challenger at the Dodge area of the Woodward Cruise. Much better looking car than the new Camaro imo.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,989 Posts
Jimmy, I hear ya about the Challenger look ... I like it, too. But, man, gonna miss you around here when that day comes.

As old as I am, I gotta tell ya I'm just not ready yet for a PAS (point and shoot) ride. That day WILL come I'm sure, however. Darn HEMI's are under rated from what I've heard, too. Somebody said (when we all met at Woody's last year, as a matter of fact) that they're closer to 450-ish HP ... should be F-A-S-T !!!

You gonna be back in '09 or '10 for the new V?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Randy....thanks for the kind comments. Without going into a lot of detail....I'm gonna' be in the Challenger at the "right" price, if you know what I mean. So, I'm thinking I can sell it anytime within the first year if I want to......maybe at a profit. If the '09 V is what WE ALL HOPE it will be....I'll be back in that one in probably '10.

I'm gonna' keep my membership up here anyways. This is a great place for all of us "carnuts" to gather.

·
Registered
2013 ATS / 2016 ATS-V
552 Posts
Congrats, saw the new Challenger at the Dodge area of the Woodward Cruise. Much better looking car than the new Camaro imo.
Dont be so certain on that , Ive talked to a few people who have seen the challanger and there are mixed reviews on how it does not resemble the concept car enough.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Dont be so certain on that , Ive talked to a few people who have seen the challanger and there are mixed reviews on how it does not resemble the concept car enough.
The one at Woodward was MUCH closer to production than the clay/paper mockup Camaro they showed. When its all said and done few cars bare better than 50% resemblance to their concept versions due to safety laws.

·
Registered
2007 Yukon Denali / 2009 G8 GT
347 Posts
Now that wasn't nice Big Jim but we do all get opinions. Speaking of opinions, Jimmy's V is awesome. It was very clean the few times I saw it and also quick fast. That's about the time I will be int he market for a car but I don't think a V is in my cards. Keep me posted as I would love it in my driveway.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I love the Challenger as well, but curious as to why you are going with an auto?
I have two words for you...Air Force. :stirpot:

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Don't knock Chrysler products. Biggest advantage is that you NEVER need to change oil with Chryslers. Just add a few quarts every so often.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts