Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Drive A 1994 Sls And Wanted To Know If Anyone Knew Which Flowmasters Fit My Vehicle And/or Any Perfoermance Mufflers To Give My Caddy That American Muscle Sound Also Any Recommendations Instead Of Flowmasters

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6
1,320 Posts
Dynomax Super Turbo. Get the one with the "street sound". I will post the number tonight.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Flowmasters sound like serious s**t on Northstar powered Cadillacs. The dynomax will sound somewhat like Audi's optional exhaust system on their S and RS models.

·
Registered
1997 Polo Green Cadillac Seville STS
685 Posts
And I thought people brought Caddies for the SMOOOTH, quiet ride.. LOL.. Flowmaters will sound really good on a N*.. Provided you can stand the droning at 60-70 MPH.... (I have Flowmasters on my 3800 SC GP)

·
Registered
1994 Seville S.T.S
1 Posts
I have some Flowmaster Deltas (50 Series) with 2,5'' pipes on my '94 S.T.S. and I think they are great. Real Muscle-Car sound and good performance.

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
I want to hear these. I thought we couldn't get exhaust on our 92-97 Seville STS and SLS's. Will someone please post some video/audio clips?

·
Registered
Cadillac
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
go on youtube.com and search cadillac exhaust you can hear them I don't want a turbo sound I want that american muscle sound something that sound like a beast I heard borla cost more but they sound nice anybody have different exhaust on there caddy's anymore recommendations anybody knows what will fit a 94 sls inlet oulet dual or single part numbers anything to help

·
Registered
1990 Seville STS 1990 Eldorado Touring Coupe
22 Posts
I just put a Flowmaster 80 series crossflow on my 90 STS. It is probably the same design as your 94 SLS with a single inlet and dual outlets. I love the sound it makes with the stock cat. I decided to use my stock tailpipes and it required two adapters to do that and it was simple. The spacing of the inlet and outlets was identical so the stock tips exit in the exact same spot. It isn't obnoxiously loud, but people car hear something coming and it sounds very muscular. Flowmaster part number is 42583
Steve

·
Registered
Cadillac 1994 Seville SLS
4 Posts
go on youtube.com and search cadillac exhaust you can hear them I don't want a turbo sound I want that american muscle sound something that sound like a beast I heard borla cost more but they sound nice anybody have different exhaust on there caddy's anymore recommendations anybody knows what will fit a 94 sls inlet oulet dual or single part numbers anything to help

hey SHIZZY.......I have the same issue, this is why I got on the net today
I own a 1994 sls and want to replace the exhaust {mufflers} and just want
the car to purr, right now it has a nice low rumble not to loud not to soft
and would like to stick with that, its the factory system, if anything just a couple db. louder would be fine, I dont want to spend a lot of money
really 400 or cheaper installed would be fine with me, I dont know crap about exhaust, but there was a link on one of the caddy sites, were a guy put the flowmaster turbo system on installed for { he said } 266 dollars out the door
is he full of crap.....I dont know..... problem is I cant find the link it even had pics of the install...anyway I dont want anything fancy just cheap in price, but not cheap in quality, I dont really care what brand as long as its nice and shiny and has a decent low end rumble, like i said if its to loud
to me it would be silly on such a up-scale ride. so hopefully someone here will respond with some ballpark prices, and the system you or I am looking for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put a 3" pipe catback and a Borla system. It sounded really mean, too mean. I was told that a resonator existed in the 2.5 inch pipe, so I add a 3" maganaflow resonator as well. Sounds decent now, although I think my car emits low frequencies cause even though its not loud at idle, any car alarms in my vicinity will go off. It's actually cool & funny. Driving up the block and making cars go off as I pass by them even though I'm not loud.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The Super turbo doesn't have the "Turbo Sound" because it's not really a turbo. It isn't like the turbo and turbo II. It's kind of a "guided flow" design.

·
Registered
Cadillac
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does anybody have flowmasters on there 92-97 seville any pics stock numbers help with what flowmasters fit on the seville

·
Registered
94' Seville STS
202 Posts
Theres a quick video of my 94' STS idling and getting a couple quick revs with my Spintech mufflers and magnaflow tips. It's on Youtube. After I get back to the states I'm going to have a custom 3" catback to dual 2.5" run to my current muffler setup. It should free it up some more and take away the decel popping.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,112 Posts
:alchi:Don't forget that "turbo" mufflers were developed in the early '60's to supply limiting backpressure to early production turbocharger installations in order to control high rpm boost. The early rigs had no blowoff or wastegates. The term "Turbo" is now cutesy snake oil talk to make you feel like you blew your $$$ on something special. If you don't remember/believe that, just what makes a muffler "turbo" ? Little propellers...as in Tornado air intake boosters ???........If you're gonna build a good exhaust, prowl the threads here and do it correctly from (maybe including) the cat back. This subject has a skrillion posts in these forums. Do your homework first.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts