Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 V Coupe Black Raven, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe Black Raven, 2010 CTS Premium Sedan
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a new 2010 CTS Premium owner with 34k miles on it. And LOVE IT! I mean WOW! What a car! Easily the best car I've ever owned! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ever put a Flowmaster muffler or any other aftermarket muffler on their car? I used to put them on my other cars and trucks back in the day, however, I'm not sure if it's appropriate on a luxury car. Or, not sure if it will sound right on a sedan. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,173 Posts
There has been lots of this type of discussion in the Performance area of our Forum. Try there for more thoughts and ideas.

·
Registered
2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
533 Posts
Try the Borla , I think you will like everything about it.

·
Registered
2012 V Coupe Black Raven, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe Black Raven, 2010 CTS Premium Sedan
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. y'all are right, I did't realize there was so much to do to a sedan. Lots of exhaust info here! Appreciate it!!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,173 Posts
Everyone has a favorite, too. Kinda like which motor oil or which spark plug is the best!

·
Registered
2009 CTS Performance Sedan
160 Posts
It looks like your question is about replacing just the muffler. I don't think that give will you what you are looking for. You will need a complete cat-back system to avoid cabin drone at part throttle and / or a raspy sound vs. a nice deep rumble. Also do a search on air intake silencer removal. In 15 minutes you can dramatically change the sound of the car, arguably as much as an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
14,173 Posts
Still, it sounds like the six cylinder engine that it is. Deeper and throatier, yes, but still a six-banger.

·
Registered
2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
533 Posts
After you have tried them all , then get the best Borla. They sound the best and have the best warranty.

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
http://youtu.be/nRkmDDF0KTg

This is what I had on my 2009 3.6DI

With JUST the mufflers there was a ton of drone in the cabin, especially the back seat. Ironically removing the gigantic resonator and replacing it with an X-pipe reduced the drone to almost nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts