Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I keep saying That I want all of south florida to get together for a meet. It has to central for everyone. Any ideas. Im looking to have those people from Tampa south. And who else wants to drive. Im sure Tony will come. Lets get some suggestions boys and girls There is a redneck hooters with our name on it.

Gene

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
^^^^I have been trying also but with little sucess...:mad: We need to get something going on down here... West Palm Beach has Moroso and i think that would be great for all of us to run are cars on the dragstrip but it has to be a Friday night to use the track. If that day cant work then I am open to travel to just get together at some place...:thumbsup:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
:yeah:

As long as I have sufficient notice, I can make it. Nice thing about being top Salesman is I can take off whenever I want, but I still need to give sufficient notice.

I'm totally fine with our last plan: Moroso followed by drinks- "Gentleman's" club optional. You guys pick the time and I'll be there.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well. I would like to do just some typr of meet. I can't and won't do drinks because I will have my wife and son along (we travel everywhere together because we don't spend much time during the week because of work) and I don't drink and drive. Let me think about it.

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
I don't drink and drive. Let me think about it.
Yeah, don't do that, you may hit a bump and spill your drink.
Back on topic, I am in, as long as it ain't in Pensacola. By the way, the middle meeting point for all V owners may be Okeechobee (I will have to dust of my lizard skins and shine up my Copenhagen buckle), so lets consider amenities along with convenience/travel time.

·
Registered
2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V
245 Posts
Keep this updated. August for a year or so. In DFW, TX right now and we had a big meet here that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
Platinum 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
301 Posts
what about crashing a corvette cars show?
Ha! I like that idea... lol... either way with enough notice, count me in... look forward to meeting you guys and hanging out... (long over due.):thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need a head count so I can find a good place that has plenty of room. I would like to beat the Texas meet. Does anyone know how many they had.
Im thinking Sebring. That is the very middle of the state. I know a guy that knows a guy who manages sebring speedway. Maybe would get a group photo in front of the sign.

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Count me in. Sebring would be great for me. I've got a weekend place on Red Beach Lake 5 minutes from the track. They leave the gates open to the spectator areas of the track so if there is some racing going on you can drive in and watch from various locations around the track. There would be plenty of options for photo backdrops around the track.

I see that there is an SCCA regional race on the Sebring long course Aug 11-12, and another on Sep 1-2. They also are hosting a solo (autocross) on Oct 20-21 along with a regional race on the full course. The autocross could be fun. We could probably set a record for the most CTSV's entered.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok well letme think about it. And hey I would rather do hooters at for myers beach it is closer for me. But for a good turn out we need to think somewhere in the middle. hmmm

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
They also are hosting a solo (autocross) on Oct 20-21 along with a regional race on the full course. The autocross could be fun. We could probably set a record for the most CTSV's entered.
He is talking about Sebring and its a very good idea. October 20 or 21st is far enough off that all could make it. Plus, the day is planned for us. We don't drive from all over just to meet up in a parking lot and look at each others cars. Thats kind of boring to me. Plus, some want to drink(me) and some don't. Some want strip clubs(me) some don't. Get a room and make a weekend of it. Wives that don't drive can stay by the pool, go shop, or whatever else they do when husbands aren't around.
To meet and drive under controlled performance conditions would be great. I've never done autocross(thats like slalom courses and stuff?) before and I think its timed. That would allow for some bragging rights and to see the difference all these mods make(thats eatin' me up).
I know these events fill up fast. I am going to check it out right now as I've only driven w/ NASA. This could open new doors of fun for me.
Also, I hear a lot of whining about too far to drive. Thats bad attitude. If you've never driven in a driving event, you must do it. Its sooooo worth it. Get the room and make it a mini-vacation. I'll be coming from the Keys and I can't wait.
Finally and mabey most important....are the strip clubs full nudity there? I was in some county up north where the girls had to wear bottoms AND pasties on the nipples. I couldn't believe it. You could get a better ghool at the beach.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
I just looked for the autocross event at Sebring on Oct 20, 21. I couldn't find it. If anyone can locate and post it (markh), please do.

After a little more research, autocross is with cones and speeds are kept relatively low. I'm sure there is still something cool to learn. I'm still game if we can sign up.

After more research, I strongly suggest we make it one week earlier. Bring your balls for this. http://www.drivenasafl.com/content/view/30/70/
This is what I'm talkin' about. I will be there wit or witout yuz. Registration(sept 3rd) fills quick as most will be in HPDE 1 and instructors are limited. I joined this club and it is GREAT!
This IS the answer to the meet. Check out the schedule. You drive 3 times plus a parade lap at lunch(you bring the wife and kiddies on the track for a low speed tour). You can even have wifey drive with you in the back seat(during your fast laps) if she brings a helmet. Nobody would go home unhappy. If you do, I'll pay for your first prescription because you may as well give up and start medicating yourself.

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
V-Love, the nasa event looks good. How many spots do they typically have for HPDE1? It would be fun to run on the actual Sebring track.

I've attached a flyer with info on the Oct 21/22 autocross. It is organized by the Central Florida Region of the Sports Car Club of America. Autocrosses are safe, fun events. Only costs $40, and they have loaner helmets available. Courses are set up with cones and are fairly tight (second gear is usually all you need). Runs are solo and against the clock, typically lasts around a minute. You can usually count on three runs in the AM and three in the PM (maybe more depending on numbers entered). You do have to "work the course" when you are not driving, and events typically last all day.

Sebring is a fairly small town. They do have a decent hotel on the track site (Chateau Elan) and several others downtown. Plenty of restaurants and bars downtown (none of the strip variety though).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 112 Posts