1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_aB9JTiFVE

Here are the accompanying particulars :

Temp 60 degrees / fuel 93 octane Shell/ Nitto 555R 305/ 35 / 20 / tire pressure at 17 psi /car set all in track mode / stability turned off / did a prolonged burnout starting in waterbox edge , then let burnout about 20 feet dry / I powerbraked as the tree counted down at 2000 rpm's for a split second to not mess with the torque converter / Launched hard on green ! Paddle shift at 6000 plus RPM' s and also ran full auto with similar results ! This car is 100% stock with Nitto tires!

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Excellent run! Is this you Newcadman or someone else. Not sure due to the first person narrative.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent run! Is this you Newcadman or someone else. Not sure due to the first person narrative.

Definitely not me. A buddy of mine who is a real Mopar/ Hellcat fan and is on their SRT forum sent me this vid and info in an effort to persuade me to sell my V ( which by the way is not going to happen ) !

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
A little better ET on the same trap speed? Nothing surprising about that. Still can't turn. But the knuckledraggers love it...
They aren't all knuckle-draggers. Most are just ADHD and lose interest in any competition that isn't over in a matter of seconds. :duck:

I do admit to not understanding why anyone would buy a car for the purpose of drag racing. I mean motorcycles are MUCH quicker, with 0-60s in the 2s and quarter miles in the 9s stock even back in the '90s.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
They aren't all knuckle-draggers. Most are just ADHD and lose interest in any competition that isn't over in a matter of seconds. :duck:

I do admit to not understanding why anyone would buy a car for the purpose of drag racing. I mean motorcycles are MUCH quicker, with 0-60s in the 2s and quarter miles in the 9s stock even back in the '90s.
They buy cars because they're afraid to fall down on the pavement. The same reason dirt bikers take their precision machines out and fill the works with mud and sand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts