Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my pursuit of a 95 or 96 Fleetwood, I assumed it was lousy in snow, due to the RWD; however, a friend, who has a nearly new Ford full size thing, insists that the RWD cars now are much better than the older ones of the 70s, etc.
I realized that I hadn't driven a modern era RWD car in snow, and, so....

How bad is the Fleetwood in snow? I'm sure my fwd Seville and 93 Sedan deVille must be a lot better, but by how much?

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6827

This thread beginning at about post #12 is discussing exactly what you are talking about - modern RWD in the snow. From experience, a 1981 Olds 88 is terrible in snow compared to my 1993 FWD 60 Special, even with less than an inch of snow on the roads.
Jacob Hoppe

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought my 95 in Kansa City in Nov, drove to Wa. state, encountered snow and it handled extremely well. The traction control worked perfect. Lots of snow in Wy. and Or.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
tru504187211 said:
From experience, a 1981 Olds 88 is terrible in snow compared to my 1993 FWD 60 Special, even with less than an inch of snow on the roads.
Jacob Hoppe
I had a 1985 Olds 88, and I thought it was great on the snow. Much better than the two mustangs and the '81 Cutlass I had.

You just can't go wrong with FWD in snow.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
It's actually not bad at all. I haven't driven my '93 in very much winter weather, but the one icy, snowy mess of a day it handled quite well, with the traction control doing a great job. We used to have FWD cars just for the fact of winter driving, but now have nothing but big RWD V8 monsters and will never go back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
caddycruiser