Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 has a flashing third brake light, When I hit the brakes it flashes for about ten sconds, then stays on solid, I havn't noticed any other Escalade's brake lights flash, anyone have an idea if I can disable that feature? Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
I would not like that at all. That is not normal and was not an "option". I am just guessing somebody screwed up some trailer hitch wiring.

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Did it just start doing it or has it always been this way? LOL, I wonder if someone wired up one of those "modules" they sell on Ebay that allows your brake lights to flash for a set amount of time, in line with your third brake light...

·
Registered
Escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the vehicle about three months ago, anyone have any suggestions where I should start looking for a blinking module?

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
That definitely sounds interesting. Maybe someone installed a flashing relay on the third brake light. :wtf: I can see some ding-a-ling thinking that would make the vehicle more visible to traffic, but it's definitely not cool. Does it flicker on and off, or would you say it flashes at even intervals like a blinker or hazard light. If it flickers I'd say you have a short or a loose ground. If it flashes on and off at even intervals I think you better start looking for a relay.

eta: there may be some legalities to having a flashing red light on your vehicle. Generally any kind of flashing red light, whether rear or forward facing, is illegal here in AR unless you are a fire fighter.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
i've seen that on cars that come from las vegas for some reason, unsure why but many cars there have it i've also seen a module they sell to do that where you can adjust speed of the blinking as well, as far as removing i would start at the third brake light and work your way up i am assuming these are dealer installed

·
Registered
08 CTS
1,249 Posts
Its a module that flashes the light. Is it just your 3rd brake light or all the brake lights? If its only the 3rd, I would look behind the unit. If its all the brake lights, its prob going to be on the brake light switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts