Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the blue high beam indicator light will not stop flashing..... it never did this until afer I did the following:
i replaced the spark plugs, and cleaned out the intake over the weekend.
i also disconnected the battery just so it would reset everything.
when i reconneced the battery and went to start the car, I noticed that the blue high beam indicator light in the dash was blinking. the car started fine and everything seems to work as it should, but this high beam indicator light continues to flash all the time. even when the engine is off. its done it for several days now, any ideas what could have caused it or how I make it stop?
the car is 2005,3.6, 130,000mi

thanks, Doug

·
Registered
CTS
256 Posts
Might be a bad ground to the wire that's leading up to it. You might have to trace some wires to figure out what's going on. Do your high beams blink on and off as well? And does messing with the stick that turns the high beams on and off do anything?

·
Registered
2005 CTS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing else is affected. everything else in the car works the way it should. the headlights do not flash, only the blue high beam indicator light in the dash. i have tried wiggling and turning every switch I can find and nothing will change the flashing blue light.....
Might be a bad ground to the wire that's leading up to it. You might have to trace some wires to figure out what's going on. Do your high beams blink on and off as well? And does messing with the stick that turns the high beams on and off do anything?

·
Registered
2005 CTS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the flashing is very steady, consistant and even, like it is supposed to be telling me something.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,806 Posts
Does it change when you have the car on, headlights on and the high beam lever pushed forward? Again, with it pulled back? When you do, push it forward and pull the lever, do the actual high beams come on as they suppose to?

KOT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts